For the Randall MTS users..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the Randall MTS users..

Jaded Faith EV Trilogy on the way. Can't wait!!
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

yea, that one looks fantastic. Definitely on my wishlist
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Cool! I was just messing around with a Jaded Faith 1959RR module this past weekend. I've never heard the EV Trilogy yet.
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

If I ever get more than

phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database
        when trying the Grailtone site

I'll check it out
        "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I've been getting that message on and off lately too, Nightbat. Don't know what that's about.. Easier to just go to jadedfaith.com and its in the replica mods section. http://www.jadedfaithmods.com/Replica_Mods.html

Rudy - My 59RR is firmly planted in my RM100. All the Marshall goodness I could ever want. The Trilogy is a 5150 I, II, and III all in one. The one clip I've heard is heavy. All That Remains/Shadows Fall - ish.. With all the switches and goodies it looks ridiculously versatile. Can't wait..

Comment

Man i want one of these so bad! I've been running a grail for ever with 2 empty slots Everytime i get some $$ I end up getting something else and putting off a new module!

Comment

Well, had fun for 30 minutes on Grailtone site, then the same error again
              already refreshed cookies, no go
              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

I've been seeing that error too. Most recently, last night when I hit "new posts" in a thread. Reversed out of it, hit the link to the thread, all good.

Anyway, check out Rob's site directly, 'bat. He has clips of the EV there.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

For anyone still interested, here's my description of this module (copied from MTS forum):

As excited as I was when I got my 59RR, I dare to say this one is now my current favorite (at least for now..). Still love the RR and it is all Marshall and does it in spades. But I've always been partial to my Peaveys and this has everything I always loved about the 5150 combo I have access to and my old Ultra Plus head. Plus WAY more!!

It has everything from dark super heavy to bright and open transparency. Crushing lows, searing highs, and everything pushed or scooped in between. But the really amazing part is that everything (I really mean everything) that comes out of this module is soooooo defined. Setting it as hard and heavy as it goes, you still hear every note played as clear as day. Chords ring completely clear and true. Haven't really found anything bad about it yet.

Some observations... I find that on the Rhythm side, the gain is useable and great sounding for the whole range. On the Lead side, the amount of gain doesn't change much turning the knob. Huge boost in gain and sustain. And the gain knob seems to do more thickening of the tone almost like the saturation trim pot on my Ultra did but without losing any note definition. Very cool. The mid sweep is a cool feature, doesn't change the amount of mids, just kinda re-voices it. Switches make big differences and make it very versatile. More difference at higher volumes than bedroom levels but the changes are noticeable.

Settings I found best for me (bedroom):
                  RM100, Master at 3, presence and density at 3:00 (old board that needs to be updated), Randall 2x12 with V30's at 8ohms and Carvin 2x12 with Eminence OEMs at 16ohms. (Randall is more prominent and Carvin adds bigger lows.)
                  Module:
                  Pre - 9
                  Low - 7-8
                  Mid - 5
                  High - 8
                  Post - 2-3
                  Rhythm/Lead - Rhythm
                  Tight - Down (loosest)
                  I,II,III - Down (III)
                  Voice - Down (scooped)

Comment

Great Review!! My RM100 has been sitting around for months in its roadscase collecting dust. I no longer have any need for it since I have been using my Budda and my 5150-II.
                    I heard great reviews about that module. I would really like to turn my RM100 into a Lynch Box one day if I don't sell or trade it.

Comment

cool review. i love my rm22 john. have u ever owned one?

Comment

Working...
                      X