Carvin V3M and Legacy 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin V3M and Legacy 3

Any reviews of either of these amps? I'm looking for a nice, smaller gain monster. The Legacy 3 sounds awesome, but is much more expensive than the V3M. I'm also considering the Mesa Mini Rec.

Thanks!

Seek ye Toejam. He has both.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I don't think he has the Legacy, he has a full V3 and a V3M IIRC.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Yeah, I've got the V3 and V3M. Love them both! Actually thinking of selling the regular V3 as I don't play it as much now.

Hippie Tim has the Legacy 3 and I asked him about it yesterday on Facebook. He seems to like it a lot. Maybe he'll chime in here, or send him a PM.

Check out the Carvin Forum, also. http://www.carvinbbs.com/
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I have a V3M. I like it a lot. The only amps I can compare it against are a couple Laney combos, though, so not really fair. I love them all! Actually playing through the V3M right now

Comment

I had a V3 and loved it. Ran a Gmajor in the loop with MIDI connected allowing the effects to change when you switched channels. Very cool amp

Comment

I tried out the V3M for a week. It's a nice amp with good gain and gets loud. A steal for the price. I would have racked it up and used it live but it lacked the low-end I like to hear. I also thought the wattage selector would be a bonus for home practice but I found myself not hearing a difference, so I kept it on 50 watts all the time.

Comment

How does the full size v3 sound? I've been wanting a new amp for awhile. Is it good for heavy metal, 80's hard rock?
                Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Here's a video review of the Legacy 3...

GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Maiden89 View Post
                    How does the full size v3 sound? I've been wanting a new amp for awhile. Is it good for heavy metal, 80's hard rock?
                    Yes, you can get all different tones out of it, great for all kinds of metal and hard rock.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                      Yeah, I've got the V3 and V3M. Love them both! Actually thinking of selling the regular V3 as I don't play it as much now.

Hippie Tim has the Legacy 3 and I asked him about it yesterday on Facebook. He seems to like it a lot. Maybe he'll chime in here, or send him a PM.

Check out the Carvin Forum, also. http://www.carvinbbs.com/
                      Are there features on the V3 that you wished the V3M had? Does not having the deep and mid cut make much of a difference?
                      I would love to be able to rack mount the V3M but I am afraid that I would regret not getting the extra "stuff" found on the V3.
                      No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

I was wondering if you can use the new boss gt 100 multi fx pedal with the v3's distortion? I was watching a video where rob marcello was demoing the gt 100 and it sounds amazing, but I would also like to use the amps distortion with the gt 100's fx as well as the model amps on the gt 100 for more options and variety.
                        Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                        Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

V3M for heavy tone (metal); Legacy for articulate midrange but less heavy sounding. Haven't tried the new high-gain switch, but the old models turned to mush if the gain was high, so the switch probably substitutes for adding a pedal in front.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Al View Post
                            Are there features on the V3 that you wished the V3M had? Does not having the deep and mid cut make much of a difference?
                            I would love to be able to rack mount the V3M but I am afraid that I would regret not getting the extra "stuff" found on the V3.
                            The master bright, mid and deep controls are cool, but they're global and affect all three channels, so sometimes it can mess with one channel a little when you've got another one dialed in just right. On the V3M, I don't seem to really miss them at all.

Comment

Thanks! I try not to have the opinion of "more knobs, more versitility" but I cannot help counting how many controls an amp has.
                              May have to get a V3M.
                              No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

Working...
                              X