anyone have a boss ns-50 manual?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have a boss ns-50 manual?

Id rather not pay for one on ebay. Thanks in advance.

You can find most manuals online with the exception of the NS-50. I searched around for about 10 minutes and nothing. WTF!???!?!?!!?
    MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

I know. Sucks

Comment

Well, heres my question and maybe someone uses one and can help me. On the backside there is a gtr in and out, stereo in, stereo out. So im wondering do I go preamp>gtr in> stereo outs to effects then back in via stereo in then out by gtr out? Or should I do gtr in then gtr out to preamp>fx>stereo in then stereo outs to power? Im thinking the latter, but I just dont know. Its a bit confusing to my simple mind lol

Last edited by jdr94; 05-30-2012, 05:19 PM.

Comment

My guess would be
          guitar -> NS gtr in -> NS gtr out -> amp in (preamp) -> amp fx send -> NS stereo ins -> NS stereo outs -> amp effect return

That would be roughtly the same as the Boss NS pedal version.

Comment

The Noise Suppressor won't do anything before the preamp unless your guitar is noisy.

Guitar>Preamp
            Preamp Send>NS Gtr In
            NS Gtr Out> Preamp Return

If you've got a stereo Send on your preamp, or your effects unit has a stereo In, then go
            Guitar>Preamp
            Preamp Stereo Send>NS Stereo In
            NS Stereo Out>FX Stereo In
            FX Out can either go back to the preamp return or out to the power amp/mixer.

You'll have to flip the dB switch to work with your targets from the NS, though. Don't want to shove +4 into something that can't take it.

Basically all you're doing is taking care of the noise of the preamp - hiss and whatnot. FX units don't generate noise like that, they only magnify it and color it and otherwise put an effect to it.

I'm thinking the stereo jacks are for installations, where you've got a stereo signal source (not guitar, since it's got the dB switch pointing at those jacks) going out to a stereo target (i.e. noisy stereo keyboard gear going out to stereo keyboard amps, or feeding raw miked-cab guitar tracks to external effects then back into the mixer, etc).

Or if you've got 2 guitars in a band, you each get your own in and out, though I'm not sure if it would actually keep left and right separated or blend them.

And yes, it's odd how that manual isn't found online.
            Last edited by Newc; 06-17-2012, 01:10 PM.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I guess I just figured it would be good infront like using a ns2. All my guitars are emg equipped and when using distortion if I dont have noise suppression infront its noisy. I guess ill just put it back in the closet for another 5years lol. I tried all types of settings and it didnt do as well as my ns2. I found where alot of bassists thought it was great so maybe if I get a bass rig together one day ill use it.

Comment

Looking at the chain diagram for the ME-70
                http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ampli...-effects-pedal
                (click on the image to zoom in and look near the top of the unit by the in/out)

They show the NS as being after the preamp and before the modulation.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                X