NAD - well almost! Marshall 1959rr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD - well almost! Marshall 1959rr

I couldn't wait till Monday to start this. I finally got off my ass and pulled the trigger on what might be the last brand new Marshall 1959rr left in the states. At least I couldn't find another one of them, and I've been looking everywhere! First I couldn't have done it with out the guidance of my RR Marshall mentor Rudy! Thanks man again, for all your help and advice. I know they are kind of old news, but I am way stoked. Its been about 23 years since I have owned a Marshall, and its time I get back to my roots. My first head I owned was a JCM800, and until this one, was my last. It's due to arrive on Monday, and I am trying to get a couple of white cabs ordered too. A little more difficult than you'd think it would be. This is also my first no master volume head, so a good attenuator is a must, and again Rudy has recommended a few. I am still tracking one down. So much fun.
    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Try not to kill the baby with it! Do not fire it up without an attenuator!
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

One of my dream heads. Grats

Comment

Lucky bastard. Sweet score!

Comment

Awesome! I can't wait to see pix of it when it arrives. The Attenuator is a must, that's for sure. Although everyone who has been around one of these amps can tell you you owe it to yourself to try it out just once without the Attenuator. Just make sure your house/building has a string foundation first!
          I use mainly a Fulltone OCD and occasionally a Retro-Sonic 808 with mine. These amps sound spectacular!
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
            Try not to kill the baby with it! Do not fire it up without an attenuator!
            They say she can hear now, and we just started feeling her kick. So I say give her a little Marshall action to dance to! I mean this too will be hers, so she might as well get use to it.
            "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

So an update on the cab search, and this is crazy. I found them in Canada at Axe, and they have the slant in stock and can special order the straight. Not crazy on the price, but can't sell to the states. I got a quote from someone in the states and it was $500 more per cab. I mean WTF! How can that be? I am still searching to see if it's that dealer or something else.

Comment

I believe the Long & Mcquade on Terminal Ave. in Vancouver had one of the straight white cabinets with the head in the demo room the last time I was there in Feb or so, if you are scouring the continent.
                GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Do you got a nice pedal to start with? Rudy willl guide you there. I think he uses a OCD or something. But grabbin' an SD-1 wouldn't hurt.

I think you may need a noise gate..like a NS2. So you can DJent. Ya gotta have the DJent sound, or kids will flip you da boid.

Is it white. I had friend that bought '82 white anniversary brand new when I looked like a young Tony Danza. . I never had a white one. Just red, fawn, silver, black, drk green, and blue and gold. That was a pretty '92 6100. I liked it alot. .
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

OK im ready for the flaming, but what about a master volume mod? back in the day, I had a couple of old Mkii with this mod and thought it was great, and I didnt notice any difference in tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                      I believe the Long & Mcquade on Terminal Ave. in Vancouver had one of the straight white cabinets with the head in the demo room the last time I was there in Feb or so, if you are scouring the continent.
                      Well thanks, but will they ship to the states? Thats the problem I am running into. I will look into them, but have very little hope. You want to receive a couple of cabs for me, and then take them to the shipping station? :idea:I just got off the phone with my local Marshall dealer and they told me only if I order 10 of each! Yeah thats right, if I order 20 cabs they could place the order.

Originally posted by horns666 View Post
                      Do you got a nice pedal to start with? Rudy willl guide you there. I think he uses a OCD or something. But grabbin' an SD-1 wouldn't hurt.

I think you may need a noise gate..like a NS2. So you can DJent. Ya gotta have the DJent sound, or kids will flip you da boid.

Is it white. I had friend that bought '82 white anniversary brand new when I looked like a young Tony Danza. . I never had a white one. Just red, fawn, silver, black, drk green, and blue and gold. That was a pretty '92 6100. I liked it alot. .
                      No pedals yet. I was going to wait and see what she sounded like raw and then see what I may need. I don't know if I will be making the kids happy cause I'm not going for the "Djent" sound, although it sure is fun to say, Djent, Djent, Djent. I've never had a White one and am looking forward to it!

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
                      OK im ready for the flaming, but what about a master volume mod? back in the day, I had a couple of old Mkii with this mod and thought it was great, and I didnt notice any difference in tone.
                      There is a FJA modded one for sale on Craigslist in Denver right now. It has an effects loop with level controls that can act as a master volume. I thought about that one for a minute, but I decided on the brand new one with all the goodies for only $300 more. In the end I don't think the lack of a master volume will be a big deal. Once I get the Aracom all will be good!

Comment

Yeah, I don't know if they'd be allowed to ship to the states or how that would affect warranty stuff. I'd imagine the shipping would be relatively expensive being that they are large heavy packages.
                        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

A white Marshall stack would look awesome right next to my bleached anus.

Now I'm getting the Dark Marsupial bleached...maybe not. I'm undecided. This I must poll!

I'll post pics!!!

I know..GTWDMITS!
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I use the Fulltone OCD with mine most of the time although other pedals will work too. I even tried an original, old MXR Distortion+ with it but the thing was on the verge of feedback all the time. I may revisit the MXR in the future as I have bought two 1979 vintage Marshall cabs that are in need of restoration. My plan is to recover them in the correct white tolex and I have 7 Altec speakers to load them with, I need to find one more. Hey, it beats ordering 20 new ones
                            There are two reasons not to mod this amp with a master volume. First, there are many Marshall purists that prefer the sound of a non-master volume amp. And second, modding an amp like the RR while maybe more functional, does decrease its value somewhat to collectors. It is after all a limited number collector type amp and one that is desirable. As such I wouldn't change a thing on it save for normal tube change from age/use.
                            You're going to love the amp, I can't wait to read your post after you play it when it arrives Monday
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by veemagic View Post
                              They say she can hear now, and we just started feeling her kick. So I say give her a little Marshall action to dance to! I mean this too will be hers, so she might as well get use to it.
                              Careful with that, I did that with my daughter and it took years for her to get over the sound of the Trans Am I had at the time when it started up.. Don't get me wrong, she is a true blood metal head, but the years of the running off screaming at the turn of the key were no fun... lol
                              Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Working...
                              X