Fender G-DEC 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender G-DEC 30

So I've been looking for a new little practice combo. I currently have a Roland Cube XL but was wanting something with that Fender jangle to it. I was seriously looking at the Fender Vibro Champ XD when I ran across the Fender G-DEC 30 watt combo. I listened to some clips, did some reading, found a good deal on one and ordered it. Should be here next week. Anybody here use one or have any comments/suggestions on them?

I think they're cool amps. I've not demo one myself, but, like you, after listening and watching, Ive been kinda on the edge of purchasing. This or a soldano super champ. Two similar but different animals. Last thing I need though at this moment.
    Last edited by charvelguy; 06-01-2012, 09:47 PM. Reason: charvelguy

Comment

What sold me was the recording capabilities and jam tracks all within the amp. My singer and I have been talking about doing some duo type stuff and this seems like it'd work well for that. Plus you can get them for $168 off evilbay brand new! The Vibro Champ I was looking at was $149 which is also a steal. Honestly thought about getting them both but I'm amp poor if you know what I mean. This just seemed like it'd be a really cool practice tool not to mention that the video of Eric Johnson playing through one sold me hook, line and sinker!

Comment

I have the smaller one and I agree it seems like a great practice tool. My old one has a known issue with the dial wheel that many say Fender should recall.

Comment

These are made in China and are fairly cheap and I've heard lots about reliability issues. These factors have made me keep my Benjamins, however I really like the jam track aspect of the G-DECs. beachjammer, please keep us informed on your new amp - I'll be very interested in reading of your experiences.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Will do! I'll give a review once I get it and have messed with it some.

Comment

Dont know about the GDecs, but IMHO, avoid the Mustang series, eww.
              HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

I got my G-Dec in and love it! This little amp is so fun! The tones are really good but you can tell they are modeled. Not a big deal. Digital sounding tone is to be expected. The jam tracks are great as are the tones they assign to the tracks. There's loads of options that I haven't even touched yet. Probably the best $168 I ever spent as far as gear goes.

Comment

Working...
                X