Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Randall RM100 amp or a carvin v3 micro amp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall RM100 amp or a carvin v3 micro amp.

I have the chance to buy a Randall RM100 Tube head and Randall 412 speaker cabinet. The RM100 comes loaded with The George Lynch Grail, Ultra XL, and a Modern module. for $1000 is it worth it or should I buy a carvin v3micro amp. your input please. Thanks

Wow, 2 different amps at 2 different price ranges at 2 different weights!!

The Carvin is small and lightweight.
    The Randall is large and crazy heavy

If you are looking for a stage amp, go with the Randall
    If you play at home or gig or jam out with friends occasionally go for the Carvin.
    BTW.. the Carvin V3M doesn't come with speakers. Its a head.

I would go for the Randall RM100.

Comment

Rm100 we have a modder of the preamps here too
      Or just get the full size v3 from toejam. Its an awesome head.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
        BTW.. the Carvin V3M doesn't come with speakers. Its a head.
        They do also have the combo version... the V3MC. http://www.carvinguitars.com/guitara...icroseries.php
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
          Or just get the full size v3 from toejam. Its an awesome head.
          Yeah, buy my regular V3 from the Classifieds. I play my V3M head more than I do the full V3 these days.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I would add that the RM100 does have a good master volume. So other than the weight, which it IS a heavy amp, I'd say you can even play it at home/bedroom levels. The effects loops in it work well too with options to use serial or parrallel loops. I'm not all that familiar with the Carvin micro but I do like the Randall. Plus, there are tons of MTS modules available for it stock or modded. You can have a lot of fun with this one!
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Pig Nose Hog-20..slammed with a Boss Metal Zone!
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                Yeah, buy my regular V3 from the Classifieds. I play my V3M head more than I do the full V3 these days.

Buy Joes' V3..godammit!
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                  I would add that the RM100 does have a good master volume. So other than the weight, which it IS a heavy amp, I'd say you can even play it at home/bedroom levels. The effects loops in it work well too with options to use serial or parrallel loops. I'm not all that familiar with the Carvin micro but I do like the Randall. Plus, there are tons of MTS modules available for it stock or modded. You can have a lot of fun with this one!
                  +1

The RM100 has a really awesome Master Volume that really works. Plus if you're getting the half stack for $1K, that's a great deal. The only thing is, you're getting all high gain modules, which may be what you want. Lower to mid gains are always available if you need to add them in the future. I run mine with a pair of EL34's and a pair of 6L6's. It sounds great.

Comment

I traded my RM100 to Jim (Sambencuda) for 2 mint Jacksons. A DKMGT and a COW-7. Both imports, both pretty much mint. I am not really a hardtail guy but these 2 guitars are very sweet. They both came with factory EMG's.

I gigged with that amp for many years. The RM100 ROCKS.

Comment

RM100 all the way!! And I play at bedroom levels all the time and it sounds great.

jdr94 - who here does mods?? I didn't know anyone here did..
                      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Warlock-Actually I was thinkin Jaded faith was here but hes on my Facebook damn me lol. Check him out though. he modded my xtc a few years back. Great work check him out.

Comment

Pete Turley is a member here. He modded an XTC and an SL+ for me. I also have a Jaded Faith 59RR. Those are the three modded MTS modules I have, the rest are stock. For cleans you can't beat the Randall Blackface module. Also, many stock modules pop up frequently for sale on forums and E-Bay for relatively cheap. The only downside to the RM100 is that buying MTS modules gets addicting
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Ahh. Yes, I have 2 of JF's mods. Amazing work and cool to BS with on the phone. Sharp as a tack with electronics.. Pete (gigmods) isn't doing anymore MTS stuff as of right now from what I've seen recently. Almost snagged a Gigmods 1087 cheap but got beat to the sale. Didn't know he was a member..
                            Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I didn't know Pete wasn't doing MTS mods right now. It's been a couple years since I got my modded ones from him.
                              Rudy
                              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Working...
                              X