Is there a BOSS pedal all-in-one unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correction: They're plentiful, but not what I call "cheaper"
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I have the ME-70, which I'm sure has all the BOSS pedal effects. It does have amp modelers but you can turn that off and use the EQ and effects as you choose. It's well built and pretty easy to use. It's not the AxeFX but I like it.

Comment

GT-10 four cable method. Allows you to use your amps OD/preamp.

Comment

Axe FX ultra 2 new are 2200. They have a coupon code which allows a discounted price from the list; presently @ 2600, for the wait of manufacture via ordering from their site. You have to submit the request to sales for the coupon, then place the order, then complete the processing of coupon and wait. Guys are selling these coupons on ebay, (usually out of the country) with inflated exaggerations of pricing and discount, but as far as what I've read on the forum, the coupons are non transferrable.
          Last edited by charvelguy; 06-20-2012, 12:25 AM.

Comment

What are the OG Axe FXs going for nowadays?
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Used? or like new. They seem to be hitting 1200-1700 depending on the version, advertised condition and what's included. I did see an Ultra 2 recently go for about 1900, but typically, the 2's sell for almost new or over new prices because people are not researching the pricing on the forum. These coupons are even selling when you can get them for no cost. *Crazy.

That said, I think I may contact Chris and shoot over to his place if he'll allow me to test drive his rig.
              I totally am thinking of downsizing. Keep a handful of tube amps and build models and impulses of everything possible that one may use.

These things are said to be really nice through the mains and the recording features of the Axe 2 allows for 4 tracks to be recorded simultaneously. You keep the original recorded tone and can reshape the other 3 however you want. The parameters for what it can do, as well as the resale value vs the tradeoff in what I already have in rack gear is very much weighing on the positive to offset for the 2G+ bill.
              Last edited by charvelguy; 06-20-2012, 11:43 AM.

Comment

You can change the order in the FX chain on the GT series, and you can also turn the amp pre's and sims off (one or both if you want - the preamp has a "through" mode). The GT-Pro may suit better if you need more than one external loop. You'll just have to buy the Pro used if that's your choice.

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                I'm looking at the GT-100 at MF right now, and it's more of an amp modeler. I'm looking more for a "pedal circuits only, you provide the amp" type of thing.

edit: actually, it looks like the ME-70 does that. It does have a preamp modeling thing, though, which doesn't interest me.

But on that you can't really change the position in the chain. I'd want something that was as close to having all the different pedals and cables as you can get, without the pedals and cables.
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

How about the TC Helicon G system? It "talks" with your amp through midi (or something), so you can switch channels on your amp through the pedal. You can set up the footswitch layout and a shit load of other stuff.

I own a Digitech gnx4 and it's fucked up! Most of the foot buttons don't work, the buttons are broken and I've never really gigged too much with it. I also am getting tired of fake amp models that's why I've been thinking about getting a Carvin V3 halfstack and the G system. I'm still researching the G system, but it looks like this is the kind of set up I've been looking for.
                  Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                  Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

The TC Electronic G System ain't cheap and it doesn't have any distortion in there, just the usual time based effects (reverb, delay, chorus...).
                    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

For the price of a 2nd hand Axe you can buy 10 Boss GX-700s
                      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

... then complain because the ins/outs crackle or don't work
                        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Yeah, I don't see myself dropping more than $1000 on an Axe-FX, regardless of what it can do and how well it does it. The Ultra is the version with all the bells and whistles, as I understand it, whereas the standard does all the amp stuff without all the other effects. Realistically, I don't need a model of a JCM800 or Princeton or JC120. I get quality preamp tones out of my ADA and Digitech gear. The Digitech stuff can also do all the effects I need, so really the only benefit I can see from the Axe-FX is the ability to rearrange the entire signal chain. I know it can also do dual signal paths, so one guitar can sound like 2 guitars playing through two different amps at the same time, and that's a function I would use. However, with the setup I have now, I can record multiple tracks with multiple amp tones simultaneously.

But, the purpose of this thread was to find a box made by Roland/BOSS that was, for all intents and purposes, their entire pedal collection in one unit (or at least those of different flavors - there's no need for all their DD-x or RV-x models, one of each would suffice). However, it would have to have all of their preamp/distortion/OD pedals, since that's the whole point of wanting the all-encompassing box.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

I was going to post yesterday, didn't mean to hijack your thread and its intent, you know these topics can get tangent sidetracked with various opinions.

With that, as it has been mentioned, shooting Roland/boss an email and getting their view on that would probably be equally advantageous as all the cumulative knowledge and experience posted here, but again, I respect the fact that its your search.

Comment

Only trouble with contacting manufacturers is you get the spam reply, such as "go buy such-and-such, it's just what you're looking for", and it's not. Or you get the spiel about advancing technology and this and that and "you really should consider the new _____ as it's our latest and bestest."

Either way, you get spam. Or a flat-out "fuck no"

The one fan-site I did find has pretty much everything listed, and the GT Pro looks like the one I'd be most-inclined to pursue, if it was all that serious.
                              Still, you'd always have the "yeah, but that's not exactly the exact same as the pedal" issues, so I'm back to considering individual pedals

Comment

... or make your own MFX unit. You are Newcenstein after all. I'm sure BillZBub can supply you with some horns to go on it too
                                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                                X