No announcement yet.

Is there a BOSS pedal all-in-one unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a BOSS pedal all-in-one unit?

While I'm infinitely happy with my rack gear, I've always wanted a single unit that had all of the BOSS pedals in it - DS-1, Metal Zone, SD-1, SuperChorus, etc etc.

Now that we're so far into the digital age where various amps can be replicated through chips and shit, has BOSS ever put out a unit that was actually "all our pedal circuits crammed into a programmable box"?

I know Line6 does the M13, but they usually focus on vintage and boutique models, whereas BOSS could say "these are our circuits, just like they were in the pedals you bought in the store, not someone else's Legal-Approved/Non-Copyright-Infringing/Keely-modded sims".

I figure it'd be a nice thing to have, even just to see what pedal chains you could make without actually owning 350 different pedals and the cables to connect them
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

I have a Boss GT-10. Has most of the Boss distortion/overdrive pedals inside, or at least near as dammit. The Boss GT-100 is also out there. Check em out.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'm looking at the GT-100 at MF right now, and it's more of an amp modeler. I'm looking more for a "pedal circuits only, you provide the amp" type of thing.

edit: actually, it looks like the ME-70 does that. It does have a preamp modeling thing, though, which doesn't interest me.

But on that you can't really change the position in the chain. I'd want something that was as close to having all the different pedals and cables as you can get, without the pedals and cables.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Maybe contact BOSS

Last edited by RacerX; 06-17-2012, 02:33 PM.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I have a GP-8 from the eighties that was basically eight of the most popular pedals at the time in one midi controllable rack. Outdated but kind of what you are looking for.

Comment

I have a Boss GX700 that is like that, but its a single space rack unit though. If you are into all the boss pedals it does all of the older ones well. It does a little amp and cab modeling, but I turn those off. Im getting rid of mine thought because someone gave me a Roland 8 track and it has the EXACT same processor built it.
            H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

I have the GS-10, its tabletop but with cosm amp modelers. It should be pretty affordable. I got mine new for less than 100.00, years ago.
              Plus it can act like a standalone practice amp as it has built in speakers. Its amp section is laid out like a real tube amp and the modelers are similar to the GT-6.
              The GP-8 was pretty cool. Mid 80's tech so its mostly analog.
              Last edited by charvelguy; 06-17-2012, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Gt-6, gt-8, gt-10, me-50, me-80

Comment

Originally posted by mr426 View Post
                  I have a Boss GX700 that is like that, but its a single space rack unit though. If you are into all the boss pedals it does all of the older ones well. It does a little amp and cab modeling, but I turn those off. Im getting rid of mine thought because someone gave me a Roland 8 track and it has the EXACT same processor built it.

Hmmmm....

Oh wait, fail

Only one modulation effect can be used at the same time so the Flanger and Vibrato can not be used simultaneously.
                  With pedals, I can have anything on, even if it sucks.

Comment

I am, however, liking the GT-Pro specs. :drool:

Any effect anywhere in the chain.

Only thing left, though, is whether these are the same pedal-based circuits or "new stuff we came up with that kinda sounds like our classic pedals"?

Maybe I should just start buying the damn pedals and be done with it

Comment

...or get an Axe-FX

Comment

Yeah right. $2500 for a guitar, no problem. $2500 for a rack unit, no f'n way

Comment

Used they're cheaper.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the line6 M13 has the features you want, just not necessarily the models you want. But a modeller is a modeller. The Boss products that model their stompboxes however, at least they know the designs of them exactly so the model should be really accurate.

And you can turn off the amp/preamp/cab modeling blocks in pretty much all of them i believe, so you aren't forced to use them. The GT-PRO is GT-8 to GT-10 era product so it's getting on. That might make the GT-PRO relatively cheap because you will get the odd guy flipping them for an axe-fx or kemper or whatever.
                            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Mainly I wanted it to help answer all those "I have x Boss pedal and y Boss pedal, how should I chain them" questions that plague the internet, since you can always find plenty of people that have one or the other, but few have the same two.

And yeah, used AFXs are cheaper, but not plentiful.

Comment

Working...
                              X