Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just a little comment about my little booger...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just a little comment about my little booger...

2006 Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier Solo Series. Footswitchable solo boost, 50 watts. Bone stock.
    The amp rips. Killer gain channel, super lush clean channel. This is one of those Rectifiers that has little to no frills and sounds so friggin good that you won't need any type of delay or reverb.
    The gain channel has 2 modes, vintage and modern. Vintage is for classic rock. Modern is for metal. Thats easy! Isn't it?

You may think you need a dual or a triple or a roadking or even a Mark IV or V but if you are playing metal the Single Rectifier is the only amp you need. Its light on the back too. Its small, portable and lightweight. Built like a tank too.
    Its not even that expensive used either.
    Match it up to a Marshall 4 x 12 or anything with decent speakers in it and you have a rig you could tour the world with.
    I use 2 different cabs depending on my mood. A Marshall 1960B loaded with T75's and a Peavey 5150 4 x 12 loaded with stock Sheffields. It rips with either.

If you were trying to decide on which Rectifier you need.. you know now.

Man, you're killin' me. I want one of those sooo bad, but money's going to be tight the
    next couple months. Has M/B stopped making them? What's a good price for used one?

Comment

I always wanted to give the Rectoverbs or Tremoverb (which is a dual) combos a try. I've seen guys gig with em here, they sounded quite impressive.
      The singles go from 550 to 750ish on eBay. Quite affordable, might just have to give one a spin. Nice features, yet simple.

Comment

I always guessed that those had a nice sag that added to the overtones. Using a dual or triple tube rectifier seems counterproductive. Necessary maybe on higher powered amps but then why not just use a diode full wave rectifier circuit lol.

Comment

Did a gig with it Saturday night. Great fun. I love this amp. It has no weak spots that I could find.

Comment

Ya know, a lunch box amp is easy on the back too.
            HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by Twitch View Post
              Ya know, a lunch box amp is easy on the back too.
              You are right bro!!! Easily 1/2 the weight of the Randall RM100. Much light than my 5150-II too.

I have a gig tonight and I will be using it again. Actually, I have a gig almost every weekend until the fall.
              A classic rock cover band is the way to go if you want to gig every weekend!

Comment

[QUOTE=jgcable;1518154]2006 Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier Solo Series. Footswitchable solo boost, 50 watts. Bone stock.
                The amp rips. Killer gain channel, super lush clean channel. This is one of those Rectifiers that has little to no frills and sounds so friggin good that you won't need any type of delay or reverb.
                The gain channel has 2 modes, vintage and modern. Vintage is for classic rock. Modern is for metal. Thats easy! Isn't it?

Do you run anything in front to boost it, or just go with the amp's own overdrive?

Comment

[QUOTE=lefty;1521634]
                  Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                  2006 Mesa Boogie Single Rectifier Solo Series. Footswitchable solo boost, 50 watts. Bone stock.

Do you run anything in front to boost it, or just go with the amp's own overdrive?
                  Nope, it has a ton of gain. More than I would ever need. I run the gain on the rhythm channel at about 3/4 up.
                  My rig comprises of the following.
                  Mesa Single Rectifier into a Peavey 5150 4 x 12 loaded with Sheffields
                  Nothing in the loop. Out in front I have a chorus pedal, a flanger pedal and a Morley switchless wah. For solo boost I use the Mesa solo boost feature. No reverb, no delay, no schmutz. I have done 3 gigs with this rig so far with rave and I mean RAVE reviews. It sounds incredible. The last gig I played was a small place and I brought my 2 x 12 Budda closed back cab instead of the Peavey 4 x 12. Again.. it sounded amazing. Couldn't be happier.

Comment

I was going to chime in anyway to let all you JCF bro's know that the Mesa Single Rectifier Solo Series II is a great amp for rock or metal. Just plug in and go. You don't need any outboard stuff with this amp and it has enough gain for just about anything. Its a great amp for guitar solo's too because it is extremely forgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                      I was going to chime in anyway to let all you JCF bro's know that the Mesa Single Rectifier Solo Series II is a great amp for rock or metal. Just plug in and go. You don't need any outboard stuff with this amp and it has enough gain for just about anything. Its a great amp for guitar solo's too because it is extremely forgiving.
                      Well, that settles it. When I get back from Hawaii in October, first order of business
                      [after the trip gets paid for!] is buying one...

tj

Comment

Been gigging with this amp every weekend for the last 5 months. Probably about 30 gigs total.
                        Some observations...
                        The amp still rips. I put some fresh 6L6's in it because the ones in it had about 5 years on them!
                        The amp sounds the best with nothing in the loop. I have a wah, chorus and a flanger out in front. They work great out in front.
                        I don't need any delay or reverb with this amp. Its sings live. I really can't tell that I am playing dry and I have always been one of those players who likes delay and reverb.. especially for solos.
                        Its a great amp. 50 watts is perfect live. The Solo boost feature is great. It has a fantastic clean channel and with the 3 modes on the gain channel it can handle any genre of music. I love this amp.

Oh yea.. another thing... every gig I get rave reviews on my guitar tone.

Comment

That is indeed a great amp. I had one that I bought in 2002 or 2003. I ran it with an MXR 10 band in the loop to tighten things up a bit, but it definitely isn't a requirement. I've since sold it but if I was going for the Rectifier tone again I'd definitely pick one up since they're so affordable used.

Comment

I have done almost every Mesa Recto there is, I even owned Rectifier R0005 for a long time, out of all the rectifiers I have owned I settled on my Roadking V1, great sounding amp, weight sucks but who cares I am not a wussy... me manly man. But serious all mesa's products are great and they have something for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                            X