pedalboards - let's see 'em!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pedalboards - let's see 'em!!

i have used rack processors for years, but lately i have gotten into pedals a bit more. i am not into them enough to go all boutique, but enough to where i needed to build a pedalboard. so here's what i've got:

the board is a LYT pedalboards LYT24. it was a good price and had enough room to get my effects on there. the cabling is george L's and it is obviously powered by the voodoo labs pedal power. here's the signal path:

guitar -> boss hyper-fuzz -> VOX wah -> fender tuner -> MXR phase 90 -> SD tweakfuzz -> BOSS ME-70 -> BOSS FRV-1 -> amp

i used the first time this past weekend when we opened for molly hatchet. i used it into the front end of my rivera M100 on the clean channel. using the various distortions in the ME-70 gave me some nice textures for different songs. on the ME-70 i am mostly using the compressor, a distortion of some sort, and the uni-vibe. regarding the other effects, i use the hyper-fuzz as a clean boost for leads (to pump up the gain a hair depending on the type solo). the tweakfuzz is used in conjunction with the uni-vibe to create a killer hendrix/roth-type lead tone when i use a neck single-coil. the fender reverb pedal is REALLY cool because it gives me the EXACT sound of my old fender tube reverb without having to cart the massive thing around. i can get that splashy surf sound in a stomp box.

so what are guys using?
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

I don't have a recent picture, but I'm using a few of the same ones...

Currently the signal chain is...

Guitar -> Bad Horsie 2 -> (Digitech WH-4 Whammy) -> Korg Tuner -> ISP Decimator -> Wampler SLOstortion -> Ibanez AF-2 Airplane Flanger -> Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter -> Amp in -> Pre-out -> MXR 10 band EQ -> BBE Sonic Stomp -> Boss PS-6 Harmonist -> TC Flashback Delay (Set to 2290 emulation mode usually) -> MXR/CAE 401 Boost/Line Driver -> amp effects return.

The boost is for a clean volume boost. My amp has a built in gain boost on the dirty channel and the Wampler has a built in clean boost as well if I want "Slammed clean channel" tones or set the dirty channel to a light break up. The Whammy is a stunt pedal and only gets put on the floor occasionally. Also the SLOstortion goes in and out of the rig. My amp gets me in that neighborhood tonally anyways so it's kind of redundant.

My other rig is my Digi 11 Rack straight into a PA with a Roland FC-300 Midi controller.
    Last edited by Hellbat; 07-07-2012, 01:46 PM. Reason: missed a pedal!
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Here is my latest version, it's been pretty much the same for a while now. There is a line 6 g50 wireless and a patch bay plus power related stuff on the lower level. The top of the upper riser pops off so you can access the stuff under it. It's all furniture grade plywood glued and screwed together and the paint is truck bed liner which has proven to be fairly resilient. The additional patch bay on the left is for a small secondary board I can patch in sometimes or to try out pedals. The snake carries dc power from a gig rig generator located back my amp plus all the audio cables.

IMG_0204.jpg

Comment

Was just in the middle of building a prototype..

Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Hail yesterday

Comment

Here's the most recent photo I have of mine. I've cleaned it up a bit and moved a couple of things around but everything is still there.

The Noise Clamp, EQ, and the Delay are going through the loop on the amp and are now all on the bottom row. The tuner and the tube Distortion (which I seldom use) the compressor and vocal harmonizer are on the top row and I don't even have the talk box on the pedal board anymore. I just keep it off to the side next to a seperate mic now, makes it a little easier to mess with. It's a mess in this pic, but it's all packed up from a gig right now and I can't get to it to take a newer pic right now, I'll update it when I can.
            Prosecutors will be violated...

Comment

My Charvels:
              2008 - USA So Cal - Modified & Refinished Checkerboard
              2008 - Grover Jackson Legacy Series - Refinished Vintage Hot Rod Flames
              2010 - Custom Shop - Spider Web Graphic

Non-Charvels
              1994 - Ernie Ball Music Man Van Halen Signature - Black Flame Top
              1996 - PRS Custom 22 - Cherry Burst Quilt Top
              2008 - PRS Limited Edition McCarty SC245 10 Top - Smokeburst Flame Top
              2005 - Gibson Les Paul Std - Wine Red Flame Top

Comment

Working...
              X