No announcement yet.

NAD - took the Chance on a 900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a combo version of the 30th anniversary models briefly. I ended up trading it for one of those jubilee reissue Slash amps, which turned out to be quite a dog. That little 1x12 combo was the heaviest amp I've ever lifted...good grief. I think they tended to have heat issues.

I never played a 900 but I think the bad rap is undeserved. I heard many back then that sounded fine. Check out the 2205 if you can. Those and the 2210s are great sounding amps.

Comment

Here's a clip,

the recording quality isn't great, but it kinda gives you an idea

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Thats straight in the front with a GE-7 in the loop
      Out Of Ideas

Comment

Originally posted by Frigo89 View Post
        Here's a clip,

Explore the largest community of artists, bands, podcasters and creators of music & audio

Sounds kickass!
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Here's a clip,

I hear absolutely nothing wrong with that amp! When I was having some issues with an effects loop on an amp my friend, who is a tech, had a JCM 900 in the shop so we tried that amp. It sounded good and the loop in it was pretty forgiving. I would have no problem gigging a JCM 900!
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

I am waiting for a buddy to give me back my G-sharp to run in the loop, and I ordered some new tubes just because. It is a nice amp, again, especially since its just a backup for my main rig. I have no complaints
            Out Of Ideas

Comment

great sounding amp with an undeserved bad rap.

Comment

here's another soundclip of it, just for fun, with the GE-7 in the loop, I tap on a boost for about 8 seconds in the middle somewhere, you cant tell haha

Out Of Ideas

Comment

I'm not exactly sure what people gripes with them are exactly, aside from the dreaded Diode clipping, which is a crock of shit anyways.
                  Still makes me chuckle to read the tube purists raving over their non-diode JCM800 yet also raving about their Vintage Tubescreamer

(not directed at you btw)
                  "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Originally posted by Nightbat View Post
                    Still makes me chuckle to read the tube purists raving over their non-diode JCM800 yet also raving about their Vintage Tubescreamer

(not directed at you btw)

I agree, thats what I mean haha. They can't have diode clipping in the amp, they want to provide it themselves, I suppose
                    Out Of Ideas

Comment

I agree, thats what I mean haha. They can't have diode clipping in the amp, they want to provide it themselves, I suppose
                      +1!!! lol
                      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Working...
                      X