NAD yayyyy :D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD yayyyy :D

I was originally going to get the Fender Mustang II because the FUSE software is THE BEST modeling software of all time, but i always wanted the Peavey Vypyr 30w except there's no Peavey anywhere near me .

So the other day i went past the local Pawn Shop (Cash Converters, they're a bunch of scum franchise) and spotted a Peavey Vypyr 30w, now Aussie prices are fucked the Mustang II new here can be anywhere between $339-429 and the Vypyr 30 is around $300-400 new.

The first time i tried the Mustang i was in the mind frame of "i dunnooo" and promply left but i wanted a new amp badly that would do my Marshall VS65r and PodX3 as one unit. So i went back a second time and got the Mustang II down to $339 and told him i might come back after i clear it with the missus hahah.

Anyway so i took my Model 6 down to the Pawn Shop and plugged in and OMG with 15 seconds i was in LOVE. Its second hand but i checked everything out n it all works so thats good, i got the price from $199 down to $170 which is a good price when most places sell it new for $400+ and i get 3 months warranty so that'll help .

This amp was MADE for these type of guitars the gain is jaw dropping, it has a few negatives like a crap tuner but overall its fucking awesome for the price . Its been able to do what the PidX3 could never do and thats give me tone that i want.
    USA Jackson RR1
    Charvel Model 6
    Jackson Performer-2
    Orange Dark Terror
    EVH 5150 LBX
    Hello Senòr

So what did you get Mustang or Vypyr?:think:
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I've played both amps and ended up getting the Fender Mustang for my daughter to learn on. I also use it for practicing. I was gonna get the Peavey at first until I went to Guitar Denter and noticed that all the ones they had out for demo had issues with the pots, loose and some didn't even work. Admittedly though I'd had a Peavey Valveking100 that I had a lot of trouble with and that pushed me away from Peavey, so it's just a personnal thing with me.
      I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I got the Peavey Vypyr 30w love it so much more than thw Mustang II i tried :P
        USA Jackson RR1
        Charvel Model 6
        Jackson Performer-2
        Orange Dark Terror
        EVH 5150 LBX
        Hello Senòr

Comment

Good to hear man.
          I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Congratz! I played a Vypyr 30 head a few months back. I played it throught a 4x12 cab and it sounded awesome. The 6505 sim was quite impressive.
            JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
            Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Originally posted by AussieTerry84 View Post
              I got the Peavey Vypyr 30w love it so much more than thw Mustang II i tried :P

Congrats on the score...

I've got one too and I love it. I use it for practice mainly, as I'v had a few glitches with mine.
              But it's all good. Tons of amp models and lots of great FX. Quiet too. Great studio
              workhorse.

Comment

Working...
              X