No announcement yet.

New Boss GT-100 owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot to mention, there's also an PC/Mac editor on that site.
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

So, anyone tried the v2? How does it sound?
      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

The levels between each new patch are not consistent with each other, overall, much louder than the rest of the patches. I haven't tweaked anything yet. I prefer to use FXFB for editing, but that hasn't been updated to accommodate the new amp models or effects yet (they cannot be selected in the current FXFB).
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Patch leveling is guitar dependent. High gain patches can be fairy consistent with different guitars due to the natural compression in a distorted signal. But cleaner patches (without compression) can vary wildly depending on the pickup output, height, etc. in different guitars. In other words, if Boss went through and level matched every patch with a Strat, then you plug in a guitar with high output pickups.....the clean patches....likely are going to be out of balance with the distorted patches.

Comment

There's a few new patches which are good. I had the time to use the guitar to MIDI function. The tracking isn't great, but considering the GT-100 wasn't intended to be a synth, I had it hooked up to a synth rack just for fun. I've now sold my GR55.
            Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

How is it sounding through your RT50C? Are you using the amp modelers through the clean channel or in the effects loop? I tried a number of line6 pods on my RT50C and nothing really sounded good, until I recently got the XT live. I run it into the clean channel, but haven't tried through the effects loop yet using it just as stomp boxes with no modeling. I was thinking of doing that because the RT50C's built in distortion channel is pretty sweet.
              "Some days you're the dog, other days you're the hydrant." - on the back of the business card for Bella the Pomeranian

The comments expressed here do not necessarily reflect the opinions of management.

Comment

I was curious if anyone owned a GT-8 and or GT-10 and then got the GT-100? I have owned both the GT-8 and Gt-10 and now I'm thinking of going for the Gt-100. This new V2 software seems interesting.
                I have read that the tone of the GT-100 is better then the GT-10 in every way, is that true? Are they just referring to Amp modeling or is the effects improved as well?

Comment

IMO, the 10 and 100 are different beasts. The 10 is better through an amp, the 100 was intended for a mixer/PA. BTW, V2.03 is now available. It involves a bug fix for preamps and MIDI.
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                  X