Perhaps the ultimate 80's amp? Cameron CCV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perhaps the ultimate 80's amp? Cameron CCV

Been messing with this Cameron CCV amp and it sounds fantastic! 100w with two channels and boost. The first channel can do nice cleans or, turn the gain up and its nice crunch. the second channel is hot rodded ripping 80's hi gain. Both clean up very well by rolling the guitar volume down. Not easy to get and not cheap but what a screaming 80's amp! They had some production set backs but working on getting them back out there again. Ths one from from their first batch out last year. Designed by Mark Cameron, yes the same Cameron who modded the big boys' Marshalls Anyway, here are some pix of it with the matching Cameron 2x12 cab and a rack I'm working on. The rack has a Furman Power Factor Pro R for power. The signal chain goes guitar-Audio Technica 4000 series wireless-Korg tuner-Rack Wah through the front end, TC Electronic G-Force in the loop for effects. The bottom of the rack has a Palmer PDI 03 cab simulator for running into the PA. Still sorting out some small bugs in the rack but I think when its all sorted out it could turn out to be the ultimate 80's rig

...and the rack

I don't have any sound clips but there are some killer ones on youtube. I'll post some of those links later.
    Last edited by roodyrocker; 07-29-2012, 11:03 PM.
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Well damn how cool is that set up?
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Here are some Youtube clips of the Cameron CCV:

Mark Cameron playing the CCV at the 2011 LA amp show.www.cameronamplifiers.com

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Just got back from NAMM 2008 in Anaheim. Mark Cameron demonstrates his new production CCV-100 amplifier through a 4x12 Cameron Cab with H30 70th Anniv Serie...
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

Do you use the Palmer set up to take a dry signal out from the loop or something?
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
          Do you use the Palmer set up to take a dry signal out from the loop or something?
          No, the head gets plugged into the Palmer which puts a load on the head just like a cab. A mic cable (XLR cable) then runs to front of house PA. If you check out the Youtube rig rundown on Alex Lifeson, he used a rack of these for the Rush Time Machine tour. There were no guitar cabs used at all It doesn't go through the loop, plug it in just like a cab from the head. You can also use it to record with without blowing people out of the room with shear volume.
          Rudy
          www.metalinc.net

Comment

I like it!

Comment

great sounding amps. I wish they'd used a different name than Cameron however.
              shawnlutz.com

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                I like it!

Thanks! The biggest issue right now is noise from the rack wah. It uses one pedal for wah and one for volume. Neither carries actual audio, they're simply controllers for those two functions so audio connections are short. No long audio cables to/from the front all the way back to the amp. The rack wah has so much more eq and options than standard floor wahs I can see why the pros use them. You can boost it for solos, Q control knob, etc... Anyway, in order to have the volume pedal work you have to put a dummy plug in the input of the pedal and a cable from its output to the rack wah. Its excessively noisy for one thing. And the pedal seems to act to clean up the amp rather than true volume. I have to work to do yet.

Originally posted by Shawn Lutz View Post
                great sounding amps. I wish they'd used a different name than Cameron however.
                I know what you mean Shawn, there is always black tape that can change that in a couple seconds if needed Easy amp to dial in regardless.
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

Happy Rig Talk amp day!!

Comment

Congrats... Those are indeed not easy to find!
                    I like EL34s.

Comment

wow that sounds good especially that 1st clip, how much may i ask...might have to look into it

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                        Happy Rig Talk amp day!!
                        Thanks

Originally posted by Grim View Post
                        Congrats... Those are indeed not easy to find!
                        Thanks again. I got mine from the first owner.

Originally posted by petez0r View Post
                        wow that sounds good especially that 1st clip, how much may i ask...might have to look into it
                        I bought mine from the original owner who just got it himself last year. Pricing new is about the same as any of the other boutique head builders such as Bogner, Bad Cat, etc... There are people still waiting on waiting lists to get theirs new however. If you are interested in them you may want to check out the section on Rig-Talk that is dedicated to Cameron amps. Or, look through their classifieds for used as I did
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                          No, the head gets plugged into the Palmer which puts a load on the head just like a cab. A mic cable (XLR cable) then runs to front of house PA. If you check out the Youtube rig rundown on Alex Lifeson, he used a rack of these for the Rush Time Machine tour. There were no guitar cabs used at all It doesn't go through the loop, plug it in just like a cab from the head. You can also use it to record with without blowing people out of the room with shear volume.
                          So do you use the cab as a monitor then when gigging? How different is the simulation to the cab tone?
                          GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                            So do you use the cab as a monitor then when gigging? How different is the simulation to the cab tone?
                            Yes, thats how you would use it live. I haven't gigged it yet but as soon as I have the rest of the rack sorted out I will do so.
                            Rudy
                            www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                              Thanks! The biggest issue right now is noise from the rack wah. It uses one pedal for wah and one for volume. Neither carries actual audio, they're simply controllers for those two functions so audio connections are short. No long audio cables to/from the front all the way back to the amp. The rack wah has so much more eq and options than standard floor wahs I can see why the pros use them. You can boost it for solos, Q control knob, etc... Anyway, in order to have the volume pedal work you have to put a dummy plug in the input of the pedal and a cable from its output to the rack wah. Its excessively noisy for one thing. And the pedal seems to act to clean up the amp rather than true volume. I have to work to do yet.
                              If you're using the rack wah in front of the amp (which I'm guessing you are because the wah probably sounds better there) then volume pedal is just going to control the level of guitar signal into the amp. Should give you volume control when playing clean, but will control your saturation when dirty.

I'm assuming it's one or the other - if you're 4CMing it, or it functions some other way, forget I said anything

Is the volume pedal required to make the rack wah work? If you can live without it, might be worth it to fix the noise issue.
                              Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
                              X