Perhaps the ultimate 80's amp? Cameron CCV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
    If you're using the rack wah in front of the amp (which I'm guessing you are because the wah probably sounds better there) then volume pedal is just going to control the level of guitar signal into the amp. Should give you volume control when playing clean, but will control your saturation when dirty.

I'm assuming it's one or the other - if you're 4CMing it, or it functions some other way, forget I said anything

Is the volume pedal required to make the rack wah work? If you can live without it, might be worth it to fix the noise issue.
    The volume pedal is not required. I can run a wah, volume, or both pedals through it. You are correct, the rack wah is through the front end. It would be nice to be able to use the volume pedal though. In fact the wah is a bit noisy too but the volume pedal adds even more. Besides, these are after the tuner so it would be nice to be able to rock the vol pedal back and have silent tuning
    Last edited by roodyrocker; 08-02-2012, 10:02 AM.
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

You should be able to run the volume pedal after the wah and before the head? Excess noise could be RF from the surrounding gear.
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
        You should be able to run the volume pedal after the wah and before the head? Excess noise could be RF from the surrounding gear.
        In the rack Wah the way the pedals hook up are simply the pedals themselves as controllers. One into the vol jack and one into the wah jack. Neither carries any audio, just voltage controllers from the pedals. The audio signal comes in from the wireless into the input jack on the rear panel of the rack wah at the volume section then another audio jumper cable goes from the output jack to the audio input of the wah, all on the rear of the rack wah. The front panel has push buttons to turn on/off either function.
        RF interference is always a possibility and I have considered moving the rack wah to the bottom of the rack. That would move it further away from the Furman power supply. Usually, wah interference even on pedalboards comes from its proximity to the power supply. Although in a 6 space rack I can only move it so far
        We'll see.
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Looks pretty sick! EL34s?

Comment

Originally posted by Chief_CrazyTalk View Post
            Looks pretty sick! EL34s?
            Yes, EL34's.
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment