I did it! Ordered the Boss DS-1 Keeley Ultra Seeing Eye Mod Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did it! Ordered the Boss DS-1 Keeley Ultra Seeing Eye Mod Kit

Got a DS-1 for nothing from a guy at work. After allot of playing around, and not being totally happy then checking out the videos on youtube, I finally found this kit on the 'bay for $20 shipped. This seems to be a pretty great way to wake up an otherwise okay pedal. Anyone have experience on actually doing the install? I am game for anything, but this will be my first foray into modding something this small. What are your experiences with doing the mod on the DS-1?

I have a brand new one still in the box. The only reason I bought it was that it was $25 new, and I'd get 12 months same as cash for the Charvel Model 6 I was buying.

So now you say it's dog shit? Oh well, leave it in the box I guess

jg used to mod pedals a lot. See if he might have some tips.

Comment

I bought one from Keeley years ago, and ended up selling it. It had a certain quality to the tone that I disliked which is hard to describe.

EDIT: I had mine in front of a DSL100 (and Jacksons of course). You might have better luck with some other combination.
      Last edited by Axewielder; 08-22-2012, 10:06 PM.

Comment

Thanks, I am interested in the difficulty of all these pieces and parts getting changed out. It can't be too bad as the seller is offering an install service for $17.50, but there is a certain satisfaction in getting it done myself. I am only concertained these big sausage fingers are going to struggle bit!
        Here is one of videos:
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ZWnilE5duA

Comment

Crazy easy and i am unskilled. You will have no problem if you have even basic soldering skills.

Just plug it in after changing every component to make sure it is still working so you dont have to troubleshoot and it will be cake.

Comment

Working...
          X