• Eurotubes

Has anyone bought the JJ tubes from them? I'm re-tubing a DSL 100

Cheers,
    We will know for the first time...
    If we are evil or divine...
    We are the last in line...RJD RIP

They have a a good rep.
    Also try Tube Store.
    Spring for Winged C's if they have them.

Not a big fan of JJ's.

Comment

I have. If you like JJ tubes, it's a great place to buy from. I prefer other brands than JJ for my 6505+ though. Other good places to buy tubes are www.thetubestore.com and www.dougstubes.com.

Comment

I went to the site and was impressed by his knowledge on tube matching. Never have dealt with them so.....
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I contacted them about tubes for a Mesa Colluseum (it was not listed on the site at the time) and I received a lengthy email with options. I appreciated the effort and time he/they took to research and then respond.
          No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

I've used them a few times and have been happy. I have also used dougstubes a lot and have been getting ruby tubes from him lately.

Comment

Observe biasing requirements when changing power tubes.

'O course.

Comment

I like the JJs. A lot of others dont. Theyre not the brightest, but theyre clean IMO. I have ordered from ET numerous times and have never been disappointed. Dont skimp on the matched PI. It will wake up about any amp on its own as long as the power section is properly biased.
                HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

JJ went through a period of catastrophic tube failures and it has hurt their reputation.
                  But, that was not my experience.
                  I found them to be dull out of the box and still have them.
                  In storage, not in amps.

I'll toss them into different amps but they always come back out.
                  Handy for breaking in new builds or firing up very old ones.

Good point on phase inverters.
                  Apparently a HUGE lot of Phillips/Sylvania 12AT7 military NOS
                  have come on the market and they are dirt cheap.
                  Been out there for a couple of years.
                  Get them while you can.
                  Look for the "W" designation.
                  Last edited by Cygnus X1; 08-25-2012, 09:09 PM.

Comment

JJ`s have always seam dead, dark and dull everytime I have tried them, especially the pre-amp tubes.

Comment

I re-tubed a Marshall TSL60 with JJ's from Eurotubes. Excellent customer service - both email and direct contact. They were more than happy to help out with biasing the tubes - even though the TSL is set up to easily bias the tubes.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, biasing a DSL is not that difficult. Tubes cost a small fortune up here, just 4 power tubes is over $120.00 I like the fact you get a balanced tube for PI. I'm going with the DSL 100 hi-gain set.

Comment

Don't need to automatically change the pi or the preamp tubes.
                          Just go with a set of power tubes and see how that goes first.

Changing the phase inverter (or "driver") each time is an old wive's tale.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
                            Don't need to automatically change the pi or the preamp tubes.
                            Just go with a set of power tubes and see how that goes first.

Changing the phase inverter (or "driver") each time is an old wive's tale.
                            The better deal is at Eurotubes, for the same price as a set of power tubes here, I can get a full set from Eurotubes.

Maybe, but why not put it in, if it is in the set, I can always put the original preamp tubes back in if I don't like the sound.

Comment

tubebuilders.com is having a going out of business sale....

Comment

Working...
                              X