No announcement yet.

Eurotubes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like eurotubes. Recently retubed a 5150 with there Intergrated KT88/6L6 set and all my friends who play 5150's are blown away at how much more bite mine has compared to there heads.

Bought 4 sets of tubes from them and never had a problem.

Comment

I've been buying tubes from them for years with never a problem.
      If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Bought 2 sets (5150 and Ultra+) and been happy. Great customer service..
        Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I dealt with Eurotubes and have only good things to say.

However, JJ tubes are just OK, and certainly NOT a good replacement for the Russian Svetlanas the amp was built around from the factory. Besides the Svetlanas and Sovteks are better sounding tube regardless, in almost any amp I had a chance to try.

The EL34 JJ's are OK for the power section, certainly passable. But as far as the preamp is concerned - pretty much no go. Dark and lifeless in the TSLs and DSLs.

Comment

Well I picked up a set of EH EL34 tube for a good price up here put them in and biased the amp. Big difference, the preamp tubes are still ok, but they are old. I think I will pass on the JJ ECC83S as I heard a Marshall with them and didn't like the sound. What other options do you guy put in your DSL's I was thinking Tung-Sol 12AX7's
            We will know for the first time...
            If we are evil or divine...
            We are the last in line...RJD RIP

Comment

Eurotubes does have great customer service and a very helpful staff and website. Unfortunately, like a few have mentioned, JJ's are dull sounding. I've been buying my tubes mostly from http://www.srs-webstore.com/ great prices and so far no duds. Dougs also has good prices and awesome customer service.

Comment

I have had great luck with JJs, and really enjoy the tone.

The folks at Eurotubes are great to deal with.

I actually just dropped some JJ power and Preamp tubes into a Laney AOR 50 this afternoon. Sounds killer
                Out Of Ideas

Comment

I somehow forgot Eurotubes sells only JJ's.
                  I only buy from private sellers, what I salvage, and from AES.
                  Was browsing a couple amp tech forums and JJ's are getting trashed left and right.
                  Even to the point of recommending cheap Sovteks, which I generally don't like.

My personal experience wth JJ's is fragile and broken center locators on their octals, and
                  preamp tubes with exceptionally thin pins making for bad contacts.
                  Dark, yes.
                  But the bad part is I've never had one burn up...good for tech work and troubleshooting.
                  But hard to recommend them.

Comment

Well I ended up with a few different tubes. I put 2 Svetlania ECC83's in the V1 and V2 position, a Tung-Sol ECC83 in the V3 Tone position, and a JJ ECC83S in the V4 PI position, thankfully didn't make the amp sound dark, that was the combination that sounded best, yielded fantastic drive, and the best overall tones. (at least to my ears) Mixing tubes is a pain in the ass, but can give stunning results if you get it right.
                    Last edited by The Poolman; 08-29-2012, 08:11 PM. Reason: Spelling
                    We will know for the first time...
                    If we are evil or divine...
                    We are the last in line...RJD RIP

Comment

And then there are those stories of spiral filament JJ's burning up in PI positions.
                      We'll see.

Comment

I've purchased many tube sets from Eurotubes and have always been happy with their communication, service and price.

joe...
                        www.godwentpunk.com
                        www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Working...
                        X