Line 6 DT-25 head - nice!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
    Does it do a grindy/dirty Fender clean? The guys in the company band were complaining that my amp is too metal (I told them I didn't understand what they meant because that not really possible.) so I'm kind of on the look out for a 'model' style combo.

The other guitar players in the band are all strat/tele into Fender amp guys so humbuckers into a gainy Marshall style amp causes them distress. Plus my amp, while only a 50 watter, does its best work at 'nosebleed' volumes where you kind of have to fight it to keep it under control. It's great for the metal band, but not so great when you're with the office group trying to cover Adelle and Eurythmics and stuff.
    One of the players at the church I attend uses a DT50 and it sounds good. He used to tour with a famous country singer who is a household name. He usually plays a Tele and excels at chicken pickin' and bluegrass. He plays with a clean to low gain sound most of the time. That amp works great in that setting. Interesting that he chose a DT50....most players like him would be playing through a one trick pony Fender style amp.

Short answer: yes.

Comment

Just an update on this amp - they released a new firmware for the DT series. Instead of being limited to 4 amps and one reverb, it now has the capability to call up ANY of the amps in the HD series! Very cool. You can still only have a max of 8 amps available at any given time on the amp, but 8 is more than enough for my needs. The update is done via MIDI, and is also updated that way (which SUCKS), but I guess there is an Apple app that works as well - I just don't have the interface piece, so I haven't tried it.

Anyway, it certainly makes this amp much more interesting now, and it has kinda left my AxeFx feeling a little lonely. Using the DT with an M13 sure is a simple but effective rig.

Comment

Working...
      X