Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AHHHHHHHHHH OH NO ..Poooooop JFX-1 Battery!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AHHHHHHHHHH OH NO ..Poooooop JFX-1 Battery!!!!

So I fire up my trusty Marshalls. I hit the main power switch of my PL-8. Everything is cool. I'm playing..ummm something isn't quite right. WTF can it be. This is my love..my soul..oh fuck you. I hit the strings..totally dry. I use a tad..just a tad of a delay I tweaked in with the dude that sold me my rig at the store in 1996. It was perfect..It's gone. I scroll through my JFX-1 screen..it's in alien weird lookin' alphabet. I take out the manuel. Ohhh..check internal battery level. OK..I do that..Low. I lost my personal settings. I reset all factory presets. OK cool. Wow..some of these sound amazing.

OK, So now I need to get a cheap lithium enercell coin..watch battery CR2032. To store settings while the unit if off. I can't beleive it lasted this long. But all is not lost. For the first time I'm actually walking thru this simple, awesome sounding unit and finding some never before gems..and tweakin' the shit of 'em.

So, this can be a blessing. I gotta say ..I love the sound of this unit. It doesn't do nearly what other processors do..but it does them better to my ears. Some are just alive and shimmering, natural..great! It kills my G Major...which sounds good.

I should buy another entire complete Marshall rack. Yep, that's what I'm gonna do. I have to..
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Did that some years ago with my GSP 21 Legend. Battery died and lost all my presets. However, I had 3 notebooks with the settings written in them.

Waiting for my MP-1's original battery to die, and dreading it.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

AxeFx, Horns. Just do it. The editor is even easy for a knucklehead like me to use. YOU CAN DO IT!

Comment

Sorry to hear that Bill. You are correct, the JFX-1 may be ancient but it does sound pretty nice, even many factory presets in it are quite useable as is. I was watching a couple JFX-1's just sold on E-Bay within the past couple days. Last year when I was looking for one I couldn't find one anywhere. I posted WTB ads on some forums, searched E-Bay and Craig's List but found nothing. Finally found one on E-Bay in the UK and had Wilkinsi help me get it. After that I figured I need a spare so I got another These JFX-1's have quite a following. You should be in business after a quick battery change Bill
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Yeah, the JMP-1/JFX-1 combo is classic. I had it too. I'll always wish I still did...

Comment

Be carefull Billz, I've heard that a battery for the JFX needs a slight modification to actually make contact
            "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Damn I hate effects that store the settings in battery backed RAM. Flash memory is superior in every way. Flash memory works without power.

Comment

Working...
              X