"Accidentally" bought another amp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Accidentally" bought another amp.

I guess I'm making up for lost time. I hadn't bought an amp in a while, but I recently purchased a 3 channel Dual Rectifier. Then last night, while under a slight alcoholic influence, I bid on a 5150 block letter on Ebay. I only bid $483, and I won the damn auction.

The hilarious thing is, I've had a friend's 5150 at my place for a long time. He recently picked it up. It had orange tolex. The one I bought has orange tolex. Weird eh? No, it's definitely not the same amp.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Congrats! Whenever I mix alcohol and eBay, a package shows up at my door a week later as a reminder. You can think of it as a delayed hangover.

Comment

My ESP Flying V was a guitar that I hit the BIN, but was positive I didn't hit confirm... It was really late and I was on back and fourth over the fence about it. I wake up the next morning with an email from ebay stating that I should pay for the item. I was like, wtf, I didn't buy that? Oh yes, I did.
      The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Well, at least it's better than the kind of packages that show up 9 months after slight alcohol influence

Comment

Originally posted by javert View Post
          Well, at least it's better than the kind of packages that show up 9 months after slight alcohol influence
          Now we have similar amps bro. I use a Single Rectifier and a 5150-II live. 2 great amps. 2 completely different sounds.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
            Now we have similar amps bro. I use a Single Rectifier and a 5150-II live. 2 great amps. 2 completely different sounds.
            I still have my 900 too. I can't see ever getting rid of that.

Comment

Beer-fueled eBay'ing...an expensive hobby indeed!

Comment

Oh man! I have had some bad experiences with beer and flea-bay....or...good experiences depending on how you look at it.
                -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Like old Bob Ross always said. "They are nothing but happy accidents." Cool amp and obviously you missed it, so......
                  I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

I'd consider it A Good Thing.

Comment

Well yeah, it's not like I'm taking a chance on something that's an unknown quantity. It's a 5150!! The seller seems like a decent guy, and had the amp professionally boxed, so I'm sure all will go smoothly (touch wood). Don't you just love the anticipation of waiting for new gear to arrive?

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                        Well yeah, it's not like I'm taking a chance on something that's an unknown quantity. It's a 5150!! The seller seems like a decent guy, and had the amp professionally boxed, so I'm sure all will go smoothly (touch wood). Don't you just love the anticipation of waiting for new gear to arrive?
                        Almost as much as the anticipation of waiting for hookers to arrive
                        "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Originally posted by tonemonster View Post
                          Almost as much as the anticipation of waiting for hookers to arrive
                          Hookers with coke? Or is that a given?

Comment

Aaaaaand here it is:

Arrived intact, and sounds brilliant!!

Comment

Nice diggin' the color.
                              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment