"Accidentally" bought another amp.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Nice! I've seen Marshalls in orange, but never a 5150.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thats awesome Paul. My guess is that its a keeper. It rips right? I have owned several of them. Every one of them rips bigtime.
        My latest is the 5150-II. Its killer. JG

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
          Thats awesome Paul. My guess is that its a keeper. It rips right? I have owned several of them. Every one of them rips bigtime.
          My latest is the 5150-II. Its killer. JG
          Oh yeah, it definitely rips. Funny thing is, I have both the Rectifier, and the 5150 dialed in exactly how I like them, and they actually sound quite similar. I can't figure out which one I like the best. I'm running the 5150 through a Lopoline 2X12 with V30s, and the Rectifier is running through a Peavey Butcher 4X12 with the Celestion G12K85s. The cab makes such a huge difference. I tried the 5150 through a my Marshall 1960a, and through the Butcher cab, and it was kinda blah compared to the 2X12. I haven't even tried the rectifier through any cab other than the Butcher cab yet. It sounds so damn good, I don't see the point.

How's the 5150 II? I heard they actually have a little less gain than the 5150. Is that true?
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Working...
          X