No announcement yet.

3/4 Channel Tube Amp Suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used Elmwood Modena...has two channels and a boost for each channel (making it almost four channels) and two master volumes...
    Last edited by Psh511; 10-01-2012, 02:21 PM. Reason: spelling error

Comment

I REALLY liked the JVM210 when I had it. Blew a pair of tubes right out of the blue though...didn't like that.

Comment

+1 on the TSL.

I have one and it is awsome. And much cheaper than a JVM410H. But the clean channel is pretty crappy. But that might be more to do with my selection of tubes, designed to achieve maximum distortion in the lead channel ;-)

Comment

I think the JVM is great to be honest. I had a Roadking before it and though that's a smooth sounding amp (which is the problem, it's hard to get an edgy biting sound out of it) and great quality, it couldn't get "that" tone I wanted, which apparently is Marshall after all.
          Nice cleans, GREAT crunch and snarling biting overdrives. It's all there. 4 channels, midi controllable from its own footswitch, two boosts... everything you need.
          I dont know about over there but JVMs are fairly cheap here, compared to Mesas and such anyway.

The thing with the JVM is not to add too much drive. It can get fizzy because there's so much overdrive. Keep the drive sensible and crank the master and it fucking wails.
          All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Working...
          X