Question for Fender Mustang III (IV and V) users

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for Fender Mustang III (IV and V) users

I'm toying with the ideia of getting one of these amps. I just play at home for fun, don't have or plan to have a band, and the idea of having a lot of diferent amps/effects is tempting me.

I used to have a Marshall half stack, back in the days when i had a thrash metal band. Later, had to sold this when moving to a smaller apartment. I still have a bunch of preamps collected over the years for my high-gain stuff (a Rocktron Piranha, Mesa Quad and an ADA MP-1). I used to plug these preamps to the effects return section of my head, using just the power section.

Now, my questions:

1 - the Mustang III has an effects loop. Can i use this effects loop to plug the preamps, the same way i used to do? So it will be guitar->preamp->effects return section of the Mustang III (and then use it's Master Volume)?

2 - will this sound good? I mean, despite all the technology and modelling stuff, is the effects loop a "conventional" effects loop and the power amp section a solid state conventional power section and designed for this application (to handle an external preamp)?

3 - at bedroom levels, just to play without disturbing the neighbours, do you think it would make a world of diference between a Mustang power amp section or a dedicated power amp (SS or tube) + cabinet? I might as well buy a used cheap power amp + small cabinet...

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by mnit1965; 09-18-2012, 04:12 AM.
Working...
X