Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw one really dirty 5150 head at a pawn shop for $699.00.
    Not that I want one mind you but is that a fair price?
    Not sure of the year but has the Eddie sig on the front.
    I's II's and III's I know nothing about.I had the older combo version and didn't care much for it.Too damn heavy to lug around.
    I can trade for it but not sure I can flip it and make money.
    I'm sure a cash offer could be done but I don't want to sink cash into it and have to sit on it.
    Bet if I offered $300.00 I could walk out with it.
    Last edited by straycat; 09-21-2012, 01:12 PM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

$699 is way too much for an old 5150. You can get new dealer "scuff" 6505s for less. $300 would be a good deal. Depending on how old and dirty it is, you could probably get $400 for it pretty easily.

I wouldn't expect to get any more than $500-$600 (at absolute max) for my 3 year old 6505. People like them, but they're not exactly in short supply.

Comment

It was really dirty and had cobwebs all inside it.Tolex can be cleaned so not an issue to clean it up.

Comment

Yup.
        Too high.
        Van has it right.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
          It was really dirty and had cobwebs all inside it.Tolex can be cleaned so not an issue to clean it up.
          Ha, when I first read this I thought you said, "...dirty and had COW BELLS all inside it".
          No honey, I have always had this Jackson....

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Wow, these heads go that cheaply? I'll have to keep my eyes peeled in the local CL. No shops in a reasonable distance from me actually carry Peavey stuff so I've never had the opportunity to try one.
              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

$300 is an abolute steal. $500 is a good price. 5150's are great amp heads.

Comment

JG I deal with this pawn shop a lot and if it sits there very long they will drop the price and I may trade for it.
                  Its filthy I mean filthy so in that shape its not going to sell too quickly IMO.
                  The 5150 could be a good item to take to the next guitar show I do.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                    $300 is an abolute steal. $500 is a good price. 5150's are great amp heads.
                    John's right. I checked Ebay's ended auctions, and the lowest they go for on there seems to be around $500. I paid $483 for mine, and I think that was a steal. If it's that dirty, offer $400, and maybe you can get it out the door for $450.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Going to take some trade bait up there today and see what happens.

Comment

Hey Rich, S.E. Davis had a block logo half stack in decent condition for $700 bout three months ago. $699 is way high.

Comment

I bought the first 5150 in the cleveland area in '90. I paid 800 for it. Still have the original manula that came with it..with a youthful, handsome edwardo resting upon it. Then I bought another..then another...and ect. These are facts.

I've done things with 5150s that you wouldn't do with farm animals.
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

This guy I worked with picked up a really nice 5150 (2nd gen I think) for $650 at a pawn shop in Colorado Springs. I would probably look around or maybe drop the price down a lot more
                            Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                            Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Thanks Daryl we need to do a pawn run up your way here soon.
                              Get the parts for that one guitar yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X