NAD yippee for me!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD yippee for me!!

Marshall JCM900 Model #4500 Dual Reverb head. 50w. 2 x 5881's, 3 12AX7's, clipping diodes between preamp stages.

I have owned 3 of these in the past. I bought it for 2 reasons.

#1. I have the matching JCM900 4 x 12 cab for it.
    #2. I am a sucker for anything JCM900.

Picking it up tonight! WOOT....

JCM900... Metal goodness!!
    1996 Jackson PS-4 Performer - Trans Green flame
    1997 Jackson DX1 Professional - Black
    2001 Jackson DX10DFS - Trans Red - Soon to be Bubinga Burl!
    2006 Jackson DK2M - Inferno Red
    2007 Jackson DXMG - Black
    2011 Charvel Desolation DC-2 - Trans Black
    1978 Fender 12 String Acoustic
    2004 Alverez Acoustic/Electric
    2011 Fender 4 string Jazz Bass
    1995 Ibanez 4 string ??? Bass

Comment

cool!!! you still have the rivera?
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

My 2 new toys were delivered today to...alas one was mangled so it went back with UPS,,,
        Haters gonna hate
        Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
          Marshall JCM900 Model #4500 Dual Reverb head. 50w. 2 x 5881's, 3 12AX7's, clipping diodes between preamp stages.

I have owned 3 of these in the past. I bought it for 2 reasons.

#1. I have the matching JCM900 4 x 12 cab for it.
          #2. I am a sucker for anything JCM900.

Picking it up tonight! WOOT....
          Grats!

That's pretty much as 80's heavy metal as you can get!
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

In your guys opinion. Which is better for thrash metal-the JCM 800 2203 or the JCM 900 2210 ? I want too get one of them. I know you need a distortion pedal for the 800, but not sure of the 900?

Comment

Congrats jgcable, I think JCM 900's sound fine. Some people put them down but I've never plugged into one that didn't make me smile despite not owning one. Enjoy
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                In your guys opinion. Which is better for thrash metal-the JCM 800 2203 or the JCM 900 2210 ? I want too get one of them. I know you need a distortion pedal for the 800, but not sure of the 900?
                I think the 2210 was a JCM800 also. This was the last of the line for JCM800s.

Comment

John,

Save up your pennys. I was just at GC Nashville and they have a special edition white head and cab JCM900 re-issue for $1999.99. It was beautiful. I think it was the 4100 model.

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                    No pedal...... 2210 btw.... the 2210 is a JCM800.
                    Pedal out in front.... 2203

One of the standard rigs for thrash metal has been the 2203 with a nice distortion pedal out in front.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                      cool!!! you still have the rivera?
                      Hey Mark, the Rivera is gone. It broke down twice while gigging. Once it was a power tube socket. Then.. filter caps.
                      I sold it and bought the Mesa Single Rectifier and a pedal board and a bunch of pedals.
                      The guy that bought it was a Rivera collector. He had a few of them. He didn't care about the repairs it had but he did call me 2 weeks later and told me that the amp broke down again for him. It started fading in and out. It was probably a lemon but damn that amp sounded good when it was working correctly.

Comment

Congrats on the amp John. I guess that's one of your faves since you keep on going back to them. Are you gonna mod the power section for EL34's or keep the 5881's?

Comment

Hey Pete. I picked the amp up today. You gotta hear this story!! The guy I bought it from bought it brand new. He was building a studio at the time and wanted a 900 in the stable. He bought 2 of them at the time. A 50w and a 100w version. Anyway, the studio construction fell through and he sold almost everything except for this head. It has been in his closet at home since the day he bought it. He told me it has a total of probably 10 minutes of playing time on it since new.
                          This amp is in time machine condition. Its flawless. Not a mark on it anywhere. Original power cord, original amp cover. The amp cover is faded. Its that old semi clear vinyl. I remembered them the minute I saw it. Back plate has never been taken off. Its running the factory stock tubes. I didn't open it up but they are 5881's.
                          By the looks of it, this is one of the later JCM900 #4500's. It has the recording compensated line out.
                          It sounds fantastic. I almost forgot how good the 4500 sounds. Especially the clean channel. Its the best clean channel for a metal band you could ever want. Killer reverb too.
                          This was an incredible score. I was in my garage comparing it to my 5150-II and my Single Rectifier through a 5150 4 x 12 cab and that Marshall 1960B JCM900 cab I got from you several years ago. BTW... its the matching cab for the 4500. The 5150 and the rectifier are tight and great for metal. The 4500 is so different. More presence, more midrange, more rock and roll attitude. I would say that this JCM900 is collector grade quality.

Comment

Originally posted by lhrocker View Post
                            Congrats on the amp John. I guess that's one of your faves since you keep on going back to them. Are you gonna mod the power section for EL34's or keep the 5881's?
                            I am going to keep the 5881's. I just swapped the tubes and bias'd my Triple X to run EL34's.

Comment

KEEP THE 5881s !!!!!!

Congrats John..How are gettin' along with the XXX ?
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X