NAD for me too lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD for me too lol

So I ordered mad shit the last few weeks. M13 which i had been borrowing for a while, the blackstar, a bug era 333xl and a Mesa Mark V. Found a fucking SMOKING deal on a mark V on GC online and bundled the Bugera with it. For all you haters I dont give 2 shits on the reliability I fucking love the 333xl and i play what i like lol.

So both show up today.. I take one look at the boxes and my hear drops...of course they are in inconspicous boxes so im fucking praying its the new XL and not the Mark thats mangled.....

I pick up said mangled box in front of UPS driver...He says ill take it back and his head goes down...i lift the box and shit rolls out the side of it in pieces...if this thing wasnt hit with a fucking truck i cannot explain it...TOLEX was the only tihng holding anything together its dead i mean destroyed and I didnt have the sense to take a pic as I was fucking enraged.

But the Bugera survived and ill continue the search for another Mark.

So for all you haters out there. The Bugera and the Mark are the only amps I ahve ever gotten excited playing completely dry. I can dial both to what i want. The bugera nails everything I really want to be honest but I love some gear snobbery and a Mark V just hits some things I really wanter ala petrucci.

That stated I was nailing stuff dry on that bugera tonight from images and words that I didnt thing was possible without mega effects. Itll only get better with the m-13 that I am messing with as well.

Combined with my new Ibanez its killer and I liked that fucker so much I ordered another Prestige NT for another pickup combo. The Stars I have and the ones I have coming along with a few other axes nail everything else I need, and of course I have an obligatory HSS Strat clone in the mix to.

In all I couldnt be any fucking happier and if it burns up ill buy another and another I know its supposedly a peavey clone but I have played em and NOTHING I have ever played covers the range this this does with this Cabinet...

Im out gotta play some more!
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Great to hear at least one of them survived and is sounding good. Petrucci always has great tone and if a Mark V will do them then yes, you need one I had TWO of the white Marshall Rhoads 4x12 cabs damaged in shipping before. Its always a really bad feeling. Sorry to hear about them destroying your Mark V
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

IT HAPPENS ill find another one just gotta be patient. What kills me is it was only 999
      Haters gonna hate

Comment

Ha that sucks, I never and I mean NEVER use UPS!
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Dude, this thread is killing me.

Just got a tracking number last night for a guitar and now all I can think of is it getting smashed by the Fed Ex guy...

Sorry to hear about the Mark V.

Comment

I didnt use UPS lol GC did and I have had shit smashed and or lost by ALL of them
            Haters gonna hate

Comment

Never had a bad deal with any of the carriers but I'm sure my day will come.Sorry about the Mark.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I just wish I had snapped pics of it it was one sad site.

I was just so pissed that words were not being properly formulated and thoughts were not cohesive lol. I was on the phone with GC before he had even made it back to the truck. Its not their fault it was packed very well the box was oversized and it was layered in bubble wrap but the box looked impailed and then crushed or vice versa. It was retaped and mangled to absolute hell.
                Haters gonna hate

Comment

Shouldn't they replace it or are they just going to refund you?
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

it was used they will refund it thats all and honestly i cant blame em. cant force em to give me another at that price.
                    Haters gonna hate

Comment

I liked the sound of the 3 Bugeras I tried. My kid's bud had one, and I liked it. The hot rodded Marshall version..not the 5150/XXX which I think yours is. I played one a GC, and It did what I wanted. He traded it for a Randall RT100 (?)..bad move IMO! He regrets it too. Put it this way..I played so-called "quality" tube amps costing 4 times as much and thought they sound like poop.

The only quaility probs he had was some plastic clips he repleced on ..somethin.

Sorry about the damage..yeah that was a good deal. They'll be another. Maybe it was meant to be..
                      Last edited by horns666; 09-25-2012, 11:38 PM.
                      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I've been using a bugera 1960 for 3-4 hour band rehearsals and gigs that are equally as long, the thing hasn't missed a beat, minus the LED on the front quitting on me(been to lazy to figure it out.

some electro harmonics and groove tubes thrown in it, and I also cascaded the preamp section. I really need to add a master volume, because this thing is insanely loud. Love it though, never have to worry about cutting through a mix either!
                        Red JDR-94
                        Maroon PS-3T with shark fin neck
                        Duncan Invader pickups
                        Jackson>ZW Wah>Vintage phase 90>ZW OD or Boss SD>Maxon SD9>MXR Flange 117>NS2>Bugera 1960>effects loop>boss chorus>MXR 10-band>effects loop return

Comment

Don't mean to put water on the fire, but weren't you going through some fire sale to pay medical bills? Is all that taken care of ?
                          Sam

Comment

brandoz28 resurrected this thread from september.
                            Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Duh! I always fail to see that. For a moment I was happy our fav flipaholic was back in business!
                              Sam

Comment

Working...
                              X