NAD Strike Three!!! Randall RM100M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NAD Strike Three!!! Randall RM100M

Picked up a Randall RM100M with the Blackface, Vox, and SL+ modules. Since it was "used" and they wouldn't budge on the price, I forced them into giving me a $20 guitar cord and a thing of fast-fret.

Question is - what is a good deal for this? I know what they are selling for on ebay (about a grand?), but I'm not sure if that price is true or not.

Let me know what you guys think I should have paid.

And hit me with all the links and 411 info on what to do with these, what the best modules are, module forums, etc.

Thanks!

I got my RM100M in early 2010 with the footswitch, a 1086, and a KH-1 for $725 which was a pretty damn good deal then. Got a SL+ for $125 and a Plexi that needed a pot replaced for $75. Sent both of them out to Jaded Faith for mods. Prices have dropped lately with Randall discontinuing the line though. Guess-timate on yours, all stock with no mods in today's used prices (at least on MTS forum) would be RM100M $400, Blackface $115, Vox (Top Boost I assume??) $125, SL+ $125. Total $765 or probably $750 for the package. That's my opinion from what I've seen for fair prices. I've seen some try for more but don't seem to sell too well. Ebay and store prices are definitely higher than forums.

I now have a stock 1086 (Dan Donnegan of Disturbed), JF 59RR (Everything Marshall you'd ever want in one module), JF EV Trilogy (5150 I,II,III all in one module), and a KH-1 (Kirk Hammett clean). I have a MXR 10 band in the serial loop, on all the time. A Digitech ValveFX in the parallel loop. All controlled MIDI via a Behringer FCB1010.

There's clone mods of Marshalls, Mesas, Fenders, etc.. And the modders have their own originals too. Take a look on mtsforum.grailtone.com and I think all the modders have clips on their websites for a lot of their mods. There's Jaded Faith, Sacred Groove (not sure if he's still modding), Salvation (Czech Rep), Voodoo, Gigmods (out of modding modules now). Lots of deals and trades to be had in the classifieds too. It can get very expensive.

Enjoy..
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Thanks Warlok. The price they had it for was $699 with footswitch and power cable, so I got them to throw in the extras. They wouldn't budge because it had been in only two days.

Comment

Thats a very good price.

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
          (Top Boost I assume??)
          I took another look and this is correct, it is a Top Boost. I pulled each module out to examine and there isn't anything that screams they've been modified. They all have the same oval "Made in USA" sticker on the underside.

Comment

I would say GRATS! But I see no pictures!
            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
              I would say GRATS! But I see no pictures!
              Fine.

Tolex coming off the top rear edge of the head.

Any idea of what year?

Comment

That is A LOT of amp for $699. I'd say you did good. I like the Blackface and SL+ modules. I had a Top Boost, but didn't care for it. WAY too much gain for what it was. I thought about having some work done on it, but just sold it instead.

Comment

What power tubes are you currently running in yours? Having the external bias is such a godsend. I'm currently running EL34's with KT88's in mine. Sounds huge!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                    Fine.

Oh wow.... that's fucking sexy!

Grats!

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

So are they as heavy as I've been told? (Weight, not sound )
                      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Extremely!!! Plus one side is heavier than the other, so it's weight is also lopsided. Fun amp to move up any number of steps. :P

But it sounds awesome, and where else can you change amps with a swap of a module

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post

Comment

I think you got a good deal. The RM100 is one of those amps that can hang with amps costing way more than it tone wise. The MTS module collecting can be addicting and I have stock as well as modded ones. For the most part I run a Blackface for cleans, XTC for distortion and I go back and forth in the third slot between SL+ and Mr Scary. The modded modules I have are XTC, SL+, and a Jaded Faith 59RR. Congrats on your RM100!
                          Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I also used to use my EBMM JP6, which is piezo pickup equipped, through two amps simultaneously for cleans. The piezo pickup went to a California Blonde acoustic amp while the magnetic pickups went to the RM100 Blackface. Absolutely huge clean sound
                          Rudy
                          www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by lhrocker View Post
                            What power tubes are you currently running in yours? Having the external bias is such a godsend. I'm currently running EL34's with KT88's in mine. Sounds huge!!!
                            At first I thought it had 6L6GC's but looking closer they are RUBY EL34BSTR tubes. I haven't got much time with it - just played it enough to make sure it worked correctly at GC. I'm in Nashville and get to go home on Friday. I have some GE 6550A's I may try in it.

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
                            Backbreaking heavy!

Comment

Originally posted by roodyrocker View Post
                              I think you got a good deal. The RM100 is one of those amps that can hang with amps costing way more than it tone wise. The MTS module collecting can be addicting and I have stock as well as modded ones. For the most part I run a Blackface for cleans, XTC for distortion and I go back and forth in the third slot between SL+ and Mr Scary. The modded modules I have are XTC, SL+, and a Jaded Faith 59RR. Congrats on your RM100!
                              Oh yeah, I almost forgot. I also used to use my EBMM JP6, which is piezo pickup equipped, through two amps simultaneously for cleans. The piezo pickup went to a California Blonde acoustic amp while the magnetic pickups went to the RM100 Blackface. Absolutely huge clean sound
                              Thanks Rudy. I can't wait to get it home and try it out. I'll likely be using my Marshall 1960A cab with G12-75's. Those modules do look addicting. It seems like a very solid well built amp with lots of good features.

Comment

Working...
                              X