Pod X3 vs Pod HD300?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pod X3 vs Pod HD300?

I currently own a pod x3 and im thinking about upgrading to the hd300 for home use.

How do the tones compare?
    USA Jackson RR1
    Charvel Model 6
    Jackson Performer-2
    Orange Dark Terror
    EVH 5150 LBX
    Hello Senòr

I don't know about the Pod X3 personally, but I have an HD300 and it is unbelievably awesome. The consensus seems to be the HD is better than the POD though.

Comment

Make sure it has the amp models you want, and that you can live with being unable to shut off the cab sims. If you're good with both, do it.

Comment

Actually i've been reading up n they released a firmware update that enables cab bypass and also adds 7 amps such as the SLO 100
        USA Jackson RR1
        Charvel Model 6
        Jackson Performer-2
        Orange Dark Terror
        EVH 5150 LBX
        Hello Senòr

Comment

Anyone else experienced a Pod HD?
          USA Jackson RR1
          Charvel Model 6
          Jackson Performer-2
          Orange Dark Terror
          EVH 5150 LBX
          Hello Senòr

Comment

Originally posted by AussieTerry84 View Post
            Actually i've been reading up n they released a firmware update that enables cab bypass and also adds 7 amps such as the SLO 100
            I knew about the SLO, but didn't about the bypass...might have to try out the 400 again. Had a 500, but just too much stuff to do with it. Had a 300 early on too, but the cab bypass (or lack there of) was a deal breaker.

If you like the models available, go for it. Nothing to lose for sure. They do sound better than the X3, as long as the models there are what you plan to use. The biggest issue for me was the lack of the SLO, but that issue has been solved - at least for the 300/400 series.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
              I knew about the SLO, but didn't about the bypass...might have to try out the 400 again. Had a 500, but just too much stuff to do with it. Had a 300 early on too, but the cab bypass (or lack there of) was a deal breaker.
              The cab bypass on the 300 was the reason I sold mine. I was pretty dirty too with line 6. I couldn't believe this was only an option on the 500.

For what it's worth, I just made a comment on another thread about DigiTech's iPB-10. Definitely worth checking out if you are in the market for an amp modeller + FX unit.

Comment

Just got a Pod HD300 itsinsanely good! Way more alive than the X3 btw.

Now once i have my own place in a yr or 2 i'll fianlly get a 6505+
                USA Jackson RR1
                Charvel Model 6
                Jackson Performer-2
                Orange Dark Terror
                EVH 5150 LBX
                Hello Senòr

Comment

Working...
                X