I need your input on a amp trade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need your input on a amp trade.

I know a guy who whats to trade his Randall RM100 head that including 3 tube modules. The George Lynch Grail, Ultra XL, and a Modern module. For my Orange dark terror amp and a mesa boogie 1x12 Speaker Cabinet with a V30 speaker and a $100 dollars. Should I do it and is it worth it. Thanks

Did you try it..

Do you have a cab..?
    "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
    Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by metal4you View Post
      I know a guy who whats to trade his Randall RM100 head that including 3 tube modules. The George Lynch Grail, Ultra XL, and a Modern module. For my Orange dark terror amp and a mesa boogie 1x12 Speaker Cabinet with a V30 speaker and a $100 dollars. Should I do it and is it worth it. Thanks
      In one month I've bought:

RM100M
      RM100LB

And I have the following modules - some with the amps and some bought elsewhere:

(2) Blackface
      (2) SL+
      Plexi
      Top Boost
      Grail
      Mr. Scary
      Another Grail
      Super V
      Judge
      KH-1
      Tweed

But don't ask me

I do need to make a choice as to which head I keep, and I'll have to ditch 3 modules.

Comment

Go Don! One of those Blackfaces could be an JF OD Special in waiting

Looks like the dude was going for 3 flavours of heavy, metal4you. I've recently picked up a Modern. Not a particularly versatile module, but dialled in it does a good sizzly modern metal tone. Totally inappropriate for my cover band but after hearing it, my drummer is desperate to work out which songs we could use it for!

Have you tried the amp? What did you think? Do have a cab to use if you trade away your 1X12? I'm a big MTS fan, but consider how you'll make out on your end of the trade.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeesh..Don. These GREAT guys can help. Trust their advice. They owned the hell outta them.
          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by VitaminG View Post
            Have you tried the amp? What did you think? Do have a cab to use if you trade away your 1X12? I'm a big MTS fan, but consider how you'll make out on your end of the trade.
            I agree completely with these questions.. I know nothing about Orange but love my RM100.

And DonP.. Holy shit man!! Save some for the rest of us.. (And send me one of those Grails.. )
            Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

I haven't tried the amp yet. Maybe this weekend. I do not have a cabinet. He wants $200 more for the Randall 4x12 cabinet. I really don't need a 100 watt's amp but WTF.

Comment

It's not a matter of needing a 100w amp. The RM100 has a good master volume, you can turn it down to reasonable volumes very easily and sound good. I don't know what's right for you but I'd take the RM100 personally. Then get ready for your MTS Module Addiction to follow
                Rudy
                www.metalinc.net

Comment

$200 sounds like a good deal if it's a good cab. I'm using my Marshall 1960A but I'd love a matching Randall cab to go with the head.

Comment

Working...
                  X