Cabinet for Mesa triple recto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabinet for Mesa triple recto

Just wondering if anybody has any suggestions about a good cab for a Mesa triple recto. Looking for a punchy, articulate sound with lots of low end. I play technical death metal. This will be my first time getting a head and cabinet. Thanks in advance!

Mesa Recto Traditional 4x12 would be a good match. I have a Diezel Front loaded 4x12 and am very happy with it. The Diezel is the most articulate cab I've ever played through.

Comment

Marshall MF400. 400-watt 8 ohm cab. With the 100 watt celestions.

Comment

The Mesas with V30s are great. You also can't go wrong with a classic Marshall 1960 either. You can probably find a clean one for $400 used.

Comment

Lots of low end? 400w High Power 4x12 Orange with Celestion G12K100's of course.
          "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Well, being new to anything but combo amps, I suddenly realized that the Mesa I was looking at is way too much power. I may instead get something smaller. Dark terror or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Endrik View Post
              Lots of low end? 400w High Power 4x12 Orange with Celestion G12K100's of course.
              That has TONS of low end. I'm looking around for cabs to use with my M8M, and that's really high on the list. Luckily there's a used one at a local consignment shop that nobody seems interested in, but I'm not sure if I want that or the Bogner cab. I still haven't decided on a head is why I haven't just bought it. I've played it through a Dual with matching cab, but I was unimpressed.

Originally posted by Dannibal Corpse View Post
              Well, being new to anything but combo amps, I suddenly realized that the Mesa I was looking at is way too much power. I may instead get something smaller. Dark terror or something.
              I have a Dark Terror with the 1x12. I'm considering not getting a higher power head/cab unit and thinking about just adding another 1x12. The DT+1x12, or possibly the Root Sig with 2x12 cab would be awesome too. Orange does tight low-end really well, but not so great for articulate technical death. It does doom/stoner/sludge amazing. I'm having problems nailing super tight DM tone with the DT. It does old school thrash really well though.
              Last edited by xenophobe; 10-21-2012, 04:41 PM.
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Oh, man, thanks for the heads up. You likely saved me a bunch. I'm wondering if, for recording purposes, just getting a processor (eg axe efx) might not be a better path for our style of metal. Friend has one. Seems like a pain in the ass, but it does make some good tones.

Comment

It's not cheap, obviously.

Comment

well, i just saw morbid angel last night and both guitarists were using marshall JCM900 fullstacks, and they were tighter than hell!!
                    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                      well, i just saw morbid angel last night and both guitarists were using marshall JCM900 fullstacks, and they were tighter than hell!!
                      Did they play any of that abortion techo/whatever shit from their latest horrible album?
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Dannibal Corpse View Post
                        Oh, man, thanks for the heads up. You likely saved me a bunch. I'm wondering if, for recording purposes, just getting a processor (eg axe efx) might not be a better path for our style of metal. Friend has one. Seems like a pain in the ass, but it does make some good tones.
                        If youre just recording? Any of the pod HDs or eleven rack would be awesome.
                        Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Pods are decent.

Man, the new morbid angel material sickens me to no end.

Comment

I loved altars and blessed when they came out, I lost interest after that.
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Get a matching bottom. The Mesa head sounded best thru a matching cabs. The only cab I can tolerate Vin 30. I'd say get a Mesa cab loaded with 90's. That's a factory standard. They'll be focused, have some break up when pushed hard and sound warm. I'm not a fan of X-pattern ..just stick with the speaker that sounds best to you. IMO X-pattern confuses things..which one do I mic live..recording..ect..

Besides matching halfstacks look kick ass.

With that said classic 80's are my favorite speaker...but that's with Marshalls mostly.
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X