No announcement yet.

Kemper clip - Crazy Train

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, after playing it all night (through headphones) I must say I'm stunned.
    I had an Ultra for a while and it was great but the AxeFx II (with the new firmware) is just a joy.
    Its sounds a lot more organic and natural and I cant wait to use it in the studio/live.

By the way, I've been told by a friend "in the industry" that Kemper are about to bring something new out. I guessed at a slightly updated rack version of the KPA and he agreed that's likely but doesn't know for sure.
    All men play on 10. Never gonna turn down again.

Comment

Holy Shit Balls!!!
      "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
      Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
        So, I've been reading a little about this vs the AXE FX...this one does almost everything as the AXE FX, but is not rack-mountable. The AXE has better effects than this. This one profiles amps but to get your dream tone, you still need to tweak it. But with the AXE-FX II's tone-matching, you give it a clip and it programs the exact tone. Some of the youtube vids are unreal !!

it might sound cool that you can "load" several amps into it like some boutique amps, but it seems the range of sounds an actual amp can put out, this one cannot. On the other hand, with this you can get more gain out of an amp that the actual amp could have without using a pedal. Again, these are just some things I have read. Pete can give much better info. I just have the Axe Ultra.

You can tone match with the Kemper btw, just a little more round-about way of doing it with a DAW. People have already done all kinds of tones....Master of Puppets, Ride the lightning, Pan†era tones etc.

The Kemper is amazing and I love mine. IMO the Axe doesn't begin to compare with it. It sounds and feels like real tube amps.

Be sure to get all the Amp Factory profiles. They are the best. They even just came out with a metal producers pack.
        Last edited by Animus; 11-17-2012, 02:43 AM.
        2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
        Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

yeah, I saw that there was a 'group buy' for the metal producers pack on the SS.org.
          Sam

Comment

yeah, I saw that there was a 'group buy' for the metal producers pack on the SS.org.
            Yeah I saw that too. I don't think that was exactly legit thought. Looked like just some dudes splitting the cost and then sharing.
            2003 Jackson SLATQH Custom (cobalt cabo), 2002 Jackson SLATQM (burnt cherry), 2011 Jackson Chris Broderick Soloist (transblack 7), 2007 SL2H (black)
            Mesa Road King, Bogner Uberkab, Mesa Lonestar Classic, Kemper Profiling Amp, Eventide H8000

Comment

Originally posted by Twisteramps View Post
              Congrats, I A/B'd an axe FX II with the kemper (friend had one, he sold it and bought a kemper) but either piece of gear could make someone really happy. It's apples and oranges at that point.
              come on, Pete. That's not helpful at all. If I want to sound like an authorative prick on YouTube, I need to be able to say that one shits all over the other, and the other isn't worth buying at all.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

The Axe II certainly sounds like real tube amps and at least matches the Kemper in that regard, I would say.
                I admit the Ultra, whilst still amazing, didn't quite get there (sometimes it did) but the II is very organic sounding.
                I went with RCF HD12a FRFR speakers in the end and it's easily the best guitar sound I've ever had and one of if not the best guitar sound I've heard.

We're living in a great era for gear, that's for sure. Expensive (I guess the best stuff has always been expensive), but great.

Comment

Originally posted by Mazrim View Post

We're living in a great era for gear, that's for sure. Expensive (I guess the best stuff has always been expensive), but great.
                  QFT! On the SS.org I am finding threads such as 'where should my noise suppressor go' and 'the ge-7 is not sound good anywhere in the loop' and such and I'm thinking, how far we have come. No more having to deal with patch cable issues, noisy pedals, spilling beer (and cat pee in some cases ) on pedalboards! For the price of a good tube amp + cab you can get a very good sounding unit and concentrate on playing.
                  Sam

Comment

Let me talk all you young JCF whipper snappers off the ledge on this clip.

Pete is a monster player. He is the type of player who could play a First Act guitar he got at Walmart in the scratch and dent section and play it through a $29.00 Gorilla amp with a bad speaker and make whatever song or style of music he was playing sound amazing.

Now... you want a true test of how good that Kemper sounds? Have Cygnus play through it and post it online! Sorry Kevin.. It was just too easy. Love you bro and your amp building and expertise in amp building is amazing!!

Comment

I heard that Jack Kemp is part owner in Kemper! No wonder it sounds to good.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                        Let me talk all you young JCF whipper snappers off the ledge on this clip.

Pete is a monster player. He is the type of player who could play a First Act guitar he got at Walmart in the scratch and dent section and play it through a $29.00 Gorilla amp with a bad speaker and make whatever song or style of music he was playing sound amazing.

Now... you want a true test of how good that Kemper sounds? Have Cygnus play through it and post it online! Sorry Kevin.. It was just too easy. Love you bro and your amp building and expertise in amp building is amazing!!
                        Very true John. But most people who are chasing "tone" are not chasing the skill of the player as well. they just want that tone and they'll look elsewhere for riffs to play or come up with their own. Nothing wrong with that. for some people, once you're in that "tone heaven" you're automatically pushed into the "zone of creativity". The Kemper and AXE just bridges the gap between zero/bad tone to desired tone much faster that spending years and 1000's of dollars into pedals, cables, tubes, biasing and what not.
                        Sam

Comment

QFT! On the SS.org I am finding threads such as 'where should my noise suppressor go' and 'the ge-7 is not sound good anywhere in the loop'
                          "I'm changing the strings on my BC Rich for the first time. What's a trussrod?"

"I used to absolutely nail all that Yngwie stuff when I was starting out, but I haven't played in a couple of months and I'm concentrating more on my songwriting now"

"I'll put my new Epi SG up against any custom shop guitar out there. All it needs is a pickup upgrade. Don't be sucked in by the hype. All those other guitars you're just paying for the brand. Has anyone heard the new Slash signature pickups?"

"I'm having trouble nailing Ytsejam on this POS guitar my useless parents bought me for christmas. Should I make them buy me the Petrucci sig model?"

"After saving all summer I've just bought a Jackson SL2H. It's awesome. Of course, I'm gonna immediately swap the shitty factory pickups for some Seymour Duncans. What does everyone think about the JB/Jazz set?"

and it's these same kids with basic enquiries about gear whose opinions you can trust when it comes to high end equipment.
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

However, I'm a Shredi Knight who has walked the toneverse for eons and what I say carries more weight than a billion fucking Magnetars.
                            Better recognise.

Comment

Sam

Comment

Working...
                              X