No announcement yet.

Dr Z Carmen Ghia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DrZ specials it says I think they are 70 watts.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I've got a Dr Maz 18w combo. Love it. I've tried a LOT of OD pedals, a tube screamer 808 works the best in front of it, also like the Barber Direct Drive.

Sometimes I run an external 2x12 with it. I run the speaker out into a Suhr ISO box (creating a line out) and then into a power amp, then external cabs.

Comment

Originally posted by slowhand66 View Post
        I've got a Dr Maz 18w combo. Love it. I've tried a LOT of OD pedals, a tube screamer 808 works the best in front of it, also like the Barber Direct Drive.

Sometimes I run an external 2x12 with it. I run the speaker out into a Suhr ISO box (creating a line out) and then into a power amp, then external cabs.

I do the same with my Maz Jr. I have an Avatar 2x12 ext cab that I use with it sometimes
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Like Cyg says. it's always best to run the correct impedance match.

That said, I have ran my DSL100 and RM100LB both set to 16ohms into a 4 ohm load (why? because I was a dumbass and had the cable plugged into the 4ohm side instead of the 16ohm side of the stereo 1960A cab). I "believe" this was "ok" because this higher "working load" keeps the tubes from working too hard.

In reverse (4ohm amp into 16ohm cab), you would be "unloading" the tubes, similar to running without a load (infinite speaker resistance) which is very BAD.

Remember, this reversed with SS amps. Running a low ohm load (like amp is 8ohms and speaker is 4ohms) will burn it up. Having a higher than rated load is safe, and no worries about a cab not plugged into a SS amp.
          Last edited by DonP; 12-15-2012, 06:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X