EH Micro POG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EH Micro POG

Got one today after putting it off for a long time. Great little pedal and does quite a lot to shape your tone. Octave up and octave down at the same time and you can mix your dry signal anywhere you want it. You can make your guitar sound like an 8 or 12 string bass or 12 string guitar. The one setting I like give you a cathedral organ effect. Tracks the original note very well and most pitch shifting pedals warble up and down way too much but this thing is really tight.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by straycat; 12-26-2012, 07:33 PM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Interesting pedal. Can you have octave up or octave down on their own? I'd never use them at the same time, and I really wouldn't use octave up all that much.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Sure TJ either one you want.Just dial down the one you don't want to use.
      Real straight forward and easy to dial in a great effect.
      I'm diggin it.
      Plenty of reviews on YT too.
      I was wanting an octave pedal and all the ones I tried were too washed out sounding.
      I can get a close setting on my Intellifex rack unit but it tracks off a bit so I don't use it all that much.
      Last edited by straycat; 12-26-2012, 08:06 PM.

Comment

I should give one of these a try, but I think I may bite the bullet on a Catalinbread Octapussy instead. In the meantime I just use my Whammy in octave down mode when I try to pretend I'm Wolf Hoffman.
        GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

It tracks better than your rack processor?

Hmm... I've been thinking about getting an octave pedal of some sort but don't know where to start because there are so many custom offerings these days...
          The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
            Sure TJ either one you want.Just dial down the one you don't want to use.
            Real straight forward and easy to dial in a great effect.
            I'm diggin it.
            Plenty of reviews on YT too.
            I was wanting an octave pedal and all the ones I tried were too washed out sounding.
            I can get a close setting on my Intellifex rack unit but it tracks off a bit so I don't use it all that much.
            Cool. Does it work with chords, too, or just single notes?

Comment

Two string type it works great and barr chords its not bad either.
              Of course some chords it won't work as well thats just the nature of an octave device.
              The intellifex has more parameters for sure maybe I haven't found that sweet spot on it.If I can figure how to alter the tracking it would help.
              I don't have the manual for it so I will have to get one to figure it out.
              The POG is simple and easy.
              It sounds great with my 78 Fender twin but you need to dial down the treble a bit on the amp and use the guitars tone to shape it.
              Today I'm going to try it on the Mesa and see how it likes it.Neither amp has an FX loop so it is going thru the front.
              May be totally different sounding going thru an FX loop.
              Last edited by straycat; 12-27-2012, 12:47 PM.

Comment

Nice. I may have to pick one of those up some time.

Comment

Sounds nice on the Son of Boogie too.

Comment

Working...
                  X