Randall rg100es!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall rg100es!!!

Hey Dudes hows everyone doing? Hope all is good in the Jackson House! Well after some time I finally picked up a RANDALL RG100ES! I played one but it was a looooong time ago! Anyway after all the reading & the Videos Etc/Etc I forgot WHAT A FRIGGIN BEAST THIS THING REALLY IS! I totally understand why Dime used these all those years. I was wondering if anyone here has one (Probably a stupid question ) & as far as a Distortion Pedal or Tube Screamer Etc goes......What would be a "Good" choice to add a little more "BITE" In it? Its already OVERKILL on Volume (Already almost broke the Windows in my living room ) & the Distortion is Nice Nasty & has some Killer Gain for sure! I just want to add some more CRUNCH on the "Clean" Channel like everyone else does who owns one of these Monsters! So far it looks like the Tube Screamer does a Bad Ass job on this Amp. Is it also a good idea to run a E.Q. like the MXR 6 or 12 Band? I have heard that the BBE 362 SONIC MAXIMIZER works Killer to? Guys that own or play one if your on either Channel do you still play with BOTH of the Master Volumes on or ? Is there any gain by running Pedals through the loop? I usually run straight through the front. Any info suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Dudes! Take It Easy & ALWAYS REMEMBER.....LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L! \m/
    Last edited by axe dude; 01-07-2013, 01:34 PM.
    *Kramer Focus 4000 "V" 85' with OFR \m/
    *Kramer Focus 1000 85' with OFR \m/
    *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/
    Randall RG100ES (88') Gray Carpet "THE METAL MONSTER" \m/
    *Ampeg VH140C HEAD....O.M.G. METAL HEAVEN! \m/
    *ADA MP-1 (3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO) MOD* \m/
    *Digitech RP-1 "THE ORIGINAL" \m/
    *Morley Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah \m/

​*LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!" \m/

I've still got the one I bought brand new back in '87 or '88...kick ass amp. I haven't used it in years, though I still run through the Randall cab I bought with it. When I did use it, I ran with a wah in front, and a digitech rack mounted delay in the loop...that's it. No distortion or screamer. I found the amp to be pretty noisy without those, and unbearable with them. Did you get the footswitch with it? Otherwise it just defaults to running both channels simulatneously, which I found meh. I just ran one channel as the crunch, and one as my clean using the footswitch. Over time I just found the tone to be brittle, not smooth like a tube amp, so it's been cast off to the side while I enjoy the Carvin V3M through the Randall cab. I keep thinking about grabbing a second 4x12 for the Carvin, and setting the Randall back up and running the whole thing together.
    My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

Originally posted by BayRocker View Post
      I've still got the one I bought brand new back in '87 or '88...kick ass amp. I haven't used it in years, though I still run through the Randall cab I bought with it. When I did use it, I ran with a wah in front, and a digitech rack mounted delay in the loop...that's it. No distortion or screamer. I found the amp to be pretty noisy without those, and unbearable with them. Did you get the footswitch with it? Otherwise it just defaults to running both channels simulatneously, which I found meh. I just ran one channel as the crunch, and one as my clean using the footswitch. Over time I just found the tone to be brittle, not smooth like a tube amp, so it's been cast off to the side while I enjoy the Carvin V3M through the Randall cab. I keep thinking about grabbing a second 4x12 for the Carvin, and setting the Randall back up and running the whole thing together.
      That's Awesome that you still have it since the 80's! I know a few Dudes that did the same thing & just will not ever get rid of it! LOL! The FootSwitch did not come with it but I see the Switch Doctor on Flee-Bay builds them plus I have seen the Original still around you just have to look in a few places but it can be found! For the moment I am using each Channel Seperate. Both of them have PLENTY OF BALLS! I think I am going to try & get a BBE 362 Sonic Maximizer & see what kind of Sound/Tone I can get with it. From what I have seen & who I have spoke to it gets some very good reviews but you know how it is.....I am just wanting that Tight/Killer Metal Crunch! We all have different taste/Opinions Etc as to what sounds good & what sounds like crap so I think I will try the Sonic & go from there. Hopefully It will produce some good Raunchy Metal! Take It Easy! Forgot to tell you....You have some Killer Axe's! \m/
      Last edited by axe dude; 01-09-2013, 11:04 PM.
      *Kramer Focus 4000 "V" 85' with OFR \m/
      *Kramer Focus 1000 85' with OFR \m/
      *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/
      Randall RG100ES (88') Gray Carpet "THE METAL MONSTER" \m/
      *Ampeg VH140C HEAD....O.M.G. METAL HEAVEN! \m/
      *ADA MP-1 (3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO) MOD* \m/
      *Digitech RP-1 "THE ORIGINAL" \m/
      *Morley Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah \m/

​*LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!" \m/

Comment

I don't have the amp mentioned, but I do have an RT50C. One thing I've always found in Randall amps is that they have serious weight to their sound. Its like having chorus without the cheesy nuances.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
        X