No announcement yet.

Carvin V3M vs. EVH 5150 III 50W?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rackmount = now thats what I'm talkin' bout! Niiice.

I want to hear more feedback about your 5150 mini. I am also considering a Soldano Hot Rod 25 but it is 2X as much as I can afford right now.

Comment

Well fuck me. I'm currently in the UK for a gig and i've been playing the 5150 III the past couple of days and it sounds INCREDIBLE. Channel 3 is MONSTROUS; searing high gain with a REALLY tight and focused low-end, slicing highs and balanced mid range. Amazing note definition and as a result, it's very unforgiving; if you fuck up, the audience will hear it. The clean channel is pure Fender, super clean and bright without being brittle until the gain hits around 2 o' clock where it breaks up beautifully. I'd like to try it with a guitar that isn't loaded with Invaders in it though. Channel 2 gives you a classic, crunchy cranked Marshally tone that's perfect for anything between Classic Rock and 80s Metal. It's a bit warmer than Channel 3 but much less gainy. I'm thoroughly convinced it's impossible to get this amp to sound bad and with the right guitar, you can play anything from Jazz to Glam to Death Metal on this motherfucker. A nice reverb would really push this amp over the edge but i can't complain since it just sounds so fucking sweet. Oh and it loves pedals.

I'm taking it to rehearsals tomorrow where it'll go up against its big cousin (a Peavey 5150 MK I) and on Friday it'll hit a London stage.

Full NAD with pics will be posted when i return!
      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
        Well fuck me. I'm currently in the UK for a gig and i've been playing the 5150 III the past couple of days and it sounds INCREDIBLE. Channel 3 is MONSTROUS; searing high gain with a REALLY tight and focused low-end, slicing highs and balanced mid range. Amazing note definition and as a result, it's very unforgiving; if you fuck up, the audience will hear it. The clean channel is pure Fender, super clean and bright without being brittle until the gain hits around 2 o' clock where it breaks up beautifully. I'd like to try it with a guitar that isn't loaded with Invaders in it though. Channel 2 gives you a classic, crunchy cranked Marshally tone that's perfect for anything between Classic Rock and 80s Metal. It's a bit warmer than Channel 3 but much less gainy. I'm thoroughly convinced it's impossible to get this amp to sound bad and with the right guitar, you can play anything from Jazz to Glam to Death Metal on this motherfucker. A nice reverb would really push this amp over the edge but i can't complain since it just sounds so fucking sweet. Oh and it loves pedals.

I'm taking it to rehearsals tomorrow where it'll go up against its big cousin (a Peavey 5150 MK I) and on Friday it'll hit a London stage.

Full NAD with pics will be posted when i return!
        I am pretty sure the new 50w combo comes with reverb. It's the first amp they offered with reverb. Also has a power soak feature as well.

Comment

Working...
        X