Mesa quad pre amp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesa quad pre amp

Did a trade deal with MK// and now have a Mesa Quad pre amp to run into my 50/50 power amp.
    Sounds incredible too cleans are great and the dirt is massive.
    Being able to run line level makes the Intellifex sound so much better.
    Its at the amp tech for a check up and cleaning ATM which I do with any amp I get.
    Attached Files
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Been there done that. I sold my Studio on this forum ages ago. Just didn't use it much because I never got into racking stuff. Always prefer heads and stacks. I sort of miss it, but the Randall MTS stuff fills that void.

Comment

I used racks for quite a while and sold pieces here and there but kept most of the stuff moth balled here at home.
      Most of my stuff I got from Rocktron and ADA so I'm familiar with their stuff.
      The 50/50 I got cheap at GC so I figured its only fitting to go with a Mesa pre amp.
      Love Randall amps too and the MTS is a great set up.
      Last edited by straycat; 01-15-2013, 02:05 AM.

Comment

Those Quad's are price on ebay fairly close to the Studio that it almost seems a no-brainer to go for the Quad. I was thinking about getting one short before I got the MTS (still pretty recent - like 3 months ago).

I'd still like to get my first Mesa love - a little Studio .22+ combo with EQ. But I just got too many amps laying around as it is.

Comment

Seems some nice high end amps are out there a fair prices these days so I'm trying out different stuff.

Comment

Had it gone thru by my amp tech and he gave it a good internal cleaning and fixed a switch while he was in there.
            Its one great sounding pre amp I 'm more than happy with it.

Comment

Awesome Dude!
              *Kramer Focus 4000 "V" 85' with OFR \m/
              *Kramer Focus 1000 85' with OFR \m/
              *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/
              Randall RG100ES (88') Gray Carpet "THE METAL MONSTER" \m/
              *Ampeg VH140C HEAD....O.M.G. METAL HEAVEN! \m/
              *ADA MP-1 (3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO) MOD* \m/
              *Digitech RP-1 "THE ORIGINAL" \m/
              *Morley Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah \m/

​*LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!" \m/

Comment

Working...
              X