Carvin Legacy 2x12 cab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carvin Legacy 2x12 cab

I joined a band in the next town over and realized the trunk of my Honda won't close with my 4x12 in it. My previous sedan allowed the 4x12 to fit all the way in. So I had to borrow a friend's Orange 2x12 to jam with the band.

THEN, I got GAS

So I checked here, gearpage, ebay, craigslist, amazon and saw that there was a Carvin Legacy 2x12 in the area's CL for pretty cheap. Noticed it had been up for about a month so I talked the guy down $50 and he said SOLD. Picked it up tonight.

Pretty classy looking cab, not very heavy at all, bout as heavy as I want. Vintage 30's (not British ones but who cares) and sounds great. I think my favorite feature is you can remove half of the back for a more open air kinda sound. Really changes the sound of the cab. Vintage 30's sound just about as good as the original Brit 30's in my Carvin 4x12.

Needless to say, I picked this up in damn near mint condition for well under $300. So if you see one and need one, grab it! We'll see how well it does at our first show on Friday.

good grab I've owned a couple of these (with the V30's) $250-300.00 used is about right for these.
    I also found that these cabs sound 100% better on the floor.
    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

When I bought my Legacy II half stack there was a 2X12 as well and I was going to get it but it sold the day before.
      Nice looking cabs.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I also have one of the 2x12's and have been very happy with it. I have a buddy that switched the speakers out with a pair of warehouse speakers and wow, even better. I'm thinking of doing the same but those speakers are so pricey.
        My Toys:
        '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
        '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
        '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
        '94 Dinky HX in Black
        '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Working...
        X