Calling on RG80ES Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calling on RG80ES Owners

There's an RG80ES in my area for sale... I'm wondering if this bad boy has the volume to play live with drums?

I have a rg-100 classic that is not a gain monster at all and when used with my behringer distortion pedal just sounds like a bunch of noise when turned way up...

I guess my question is should I buy the rs80es, look for a different pedal for my classic or continue to save for the peavey 3120?

The dude is asking $250 for the rs80es with foot pedal.
    sigpic
    Action Jackson

dude, i know there are people that love those - but it is still a crappy '80s solid state amp. get the peavey.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

i think there is something wrong with your RG100es, as those had a ton of gain. the rg80, is a smaller version of the rg100, so i'de say keep looking. and 250 is way too much, you can buy the old RG100's for less than that.

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
      There's an RG80ES in my area for sale... I'm wondering if this bad boy has the volume to play live with drums?

I have a rg-100 classic that is not a gain monster at all and when used with my behringer distortion pedal just sounds like a bunch of noise when turned way up...

I guess my question is should I buy the rs80es, look for a different pedal for my classic or continue to save for the peavey 3120?

The dude is asking $250 for the rs80es with foot pedal.

Comment

I just posted up a Thread on the RG80ES with the matching Jaguar Cab that I just got & in all Honesty....IT CRANKS BIG TIME! $250 with the Original FS-5 F/S may seem a little on the "High" side but recently (At least on E-Bay & CL also. Anywhere from $200 up usually w/o the F/S) that's what they have been selling for some for over $400!! now that's a bit much but to those that want them they will pay. The FS-5 F/S is very hard to find if it comes with the Amp it's definitely a plus! Without the Switch you can have both channels combined or just play them seperate. There are a couple of people on E-Bay that sell their aftermarket version of the FS-5 for around $65-70. I am just going to make my own.
        Last edited by axe dude; 02-21-2013, 05:45 AM.
        *Kramer Focus 4000 "V" 85' with OFR \m/
        *Kramer Focus 1000 85' with OFR \m/
        *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/
        Randall RG100ES (88') Gray Carpet "THE METAL MONSTER" \m/
        *Ampeg VH140C HEAD....O.M.G. METAL HEAVEN! \m/
        *ADA MP-1 (3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO) MOD* \m/
        *Digitech RP-1 "THE ORIGINAL" \m/
        *Morley Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah \m/

​*LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!" \m/

Comment

Originally posted by j2379 View Post
          i think there is something wrong with your RG100es,
          I don't have a rg100es, I have a rg-100 classic.

I just talked to the dude with the amp and in the 15 years he's owned it he knew nothing about the gain on the pull treble knob.

sigpic
          Action Jackson

Comment

I don't have a rg100es, I have a rg-100 classic.

I just talked to the dude with the amp and in the 15 years he's owned it he knew nothing about the gain on the pull treble knob.

LOL! Man i am sorry....But that is some funny ass shit right there Dude!
            On the "real" side I am not to familiar with the Peavey 3120 nor have I played one before. What I can tell you is how Bad-Ass this RG80 is & how it sounds etc. YES we all have our own opinions & you know how that goes...Like I said in my thread about the Amp "You either Love the Amp or Hate it" Check your p.m. Buddy.....Thanks!
            Last edited by axe dude; 02-17-2013, 05:06 PM.
            *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/

Comment

These are pretty good sounding SS amps I wouldn't mind to have one.
              Lots of gain and pedals work really well with these amps.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                These are pretty good sounding SS amps I wouldn't mind to have one.
                Lots of gain and pedals work really well with these amps.
                I agree with you 100%! My RG80 & 100 both Sound BRUTAL with a Pedal!!! \m/

Comment

Tube pre amp OD pedals sound really good with these series Randalls.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                    Tube pre amp OD pedals sound really good with these series Randalls.
                    Thanks Buddy!

Comment

No problem my friend.

Comment

Well I'm going to head up to dudes house on Wednesday and demo the amp, guy lives about an hour and half away.

The problem I'm thinking now about the Peavey 3120 is I can't play on one because none of the music shops here carry them.

How can I spend $1000 on an amp I've never played on?
                        sigpic
                        Action Jackson

Comment

Well I'm going to head up to dudes house on Wednesday and demo the amp, guy lives about an hour and half away.

The problem I'm thinking now about the Peavey 3120 is I can't play on one because none of the music shops here carry them.

How can I spend $1000 on an amp I've never played on?
                          Very True! If your a M-E-T-A-L HEAD like me then I think you are going to be bringing home the Randall! Are you JacksonCharvelRule on YT? LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L! \m/
                          Last edited by axe dude; 02-18-2013, 06:05 PM.

Comment

for 250 I'd rather find an old Marshall vs100. Besides that ugly ass grey carpet the randall has of course thats just my opinion. I had one and it was good while it lasted. If you have 1000 to spend find a dual rectifier

Comment

Any advice on what to look for when I go and look at this amp?
                              sigpic
                              Action Jackson

Comment

Working...
                              X