Calling on RG80ES Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nimitz View Post
    Any advice on what to look for when I go and look at this amp?
    Look for the obvious....Kind of give it a "Once Over" Any Tears/Rips Etc on the "Fuzzy" Honestly I like it! (I know JDR94 doesn't! LOL!) Brings ya back to 80's M-E-T-A-L!! Check out the F/S check the "Input & Outputs" (Front & Back) Any pots Sticking or not working properly? If some are you can take the Chassis out (Very Easy, Front & Rear panel come off) & spray them with some good cleaner. Best Of Luck!
    Last edited by axe dude; 02-21-2013, 05:16 AM.
    *Kramer Focus 4000 "V" 85' with OFR \m/
    *Kramer Focus 1000 85' with OFR \m/
    *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/
    Randall RG100ES (88') Gray Carpet "THE METAL MONSTER" \m/
    *Ampeg VH140C HEAD....O.M.G. METAL HEAVEN! \m/
    *ADA MP-1 (3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO) MOD* \m/
    *Digitech RP-1 "THE ORIGINAL" \m/
    *Morley Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah \m/

​*LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!" \m/

Comment

I passed on it... the foot switch cable was farmer rigged and I just didn't like how the channel switches worked.

Didn't really sound that metal either.
      sigpic
      Action Jackson

Comment

Wise decision. I didn't think it was a great amp either. Maybe great for is time but not for todays metal.

Comment

Like I had said "You either Love the Amp or Hate it". It probably did not sound "That Metal to you" because they shine when there Boosted. That's neither here nor there...Anyway we all have different opinions on everything & now you can go & get what you really want! Like JDR said "Not for today's Metal" this is true Today is a whole different ballgame than the way it was back in the 80's. For it's time back then it was an Ass Kicker (Still is) & did very well. Best Of Luck...
          Last edited by axe dude; 02-21-2013, 06:04 AM.
          *Kramer Focus 4000 "V" 85' with OFR \m/
          *Kramer Focus 1000 85' with OFR \m/
          *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/
          Randall RG100ES (88') Gray Carpet "THE METAL MONSTER" \m/
          *Ampeg VH140C HEAD....O.M.G. METAL HEAVEN! \m/
          *ADA MP-1 (3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO) MOD* \m/
          *Digitech RP-1 "THE ORIGINAL" \m/
          *Morley Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah \m/

​*LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!" \m/

Comment

I could definitely see the potential, there were enough maybes with sounds and issues that I decided I didn't need another fixer upper.
            sigpic
            Action Jackson

Comment

Working...
            X