AxeFx - FW 10.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AxeFx - FW 10.0

PSA - any of you guys with the Axe 2 -- if you haven't upgraded your firmware yet, take the day off and do it now! Just when you thought your Axe couldn't get any better, THIS comes out! It's just flat-out AWE INSPIRING. Cliff is beyond genius. The amps are so ALIVE in this thing - I thought they couldn't have gotten better...WRONG! The realism is mind blowing.

if you have to take a day off to update firmware perhaps the interface isn't so slick
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

The update take a couple minutes...but you'll want to sit and jam the rest of the day!!!

Hater.

Comment

I just had a chance to sit down with it and tried out Tylers Tin Pan Alley patch. Holy shit it sounds good.

Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
          Just when you thought your Axe couldn't get any better, THIS comes out! It's just flat-out AWE INSPIRING. Cliff is beyond genius. The amps are so ALIVE in this thing - I thought they couldn't have gotten better...WRONG! The realism is mind blowing.
          I'm sure it's great, but I've read the same comments almost verbatim with every firmware update since probably 2008 when I started following Fractal products.

Comment

I upgraded.
            It's good, I thought 9.02 was also very good and would've been happy staying right there.
            10.0 adds a few new features that I wanted to take advantage of.
            I thought 6 and 7.0 sucked for high gain amps. 8 and 9.02 really got it going with this thing.
            If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I think the biggest change for 10 is how much the controls react like they do on an amp. I went from an Ultra to the II at version 9.02. Big difference there. v10 just makes it easier to dial in sounds now.
              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Taking the plunge...a lil more $ than I originally wanted to spend but screw it. You only live once. I'm building this from the ground up so any advice on a midi device, studio/powered monitors everything about your axe FX rigs my ears are wide open. I'll probably be ordering tomorrow a.m. I just want to make sure it ships already updated to 10 so I don't have to mess with any of that when I get it...I just want to plug in and hear the hi gain heaven I've been hearing about
                Hear the universe scream
                Bleeding from black holes
                Whom horns careless
                And whom God mourns

Comment

Depending on their stock it might not ship with 10, but it only takes a few minutes to update and it's a very easy process. Having said that, 10 is mind blowing, and yes we hear the same things every time the FW is updated, but that's because it's true. Fractal has made such strides since the initial release. With 10 for high gain you WILL have to tweak it to get the sound you're after, but holy hell is it worth the time spent. Check the Fractal forum, download presets which have something close to what you like, load them up and see how they're constructed to get a good starting point.

Comment

I just updated mine Friday. Added the vht 2:90 also. Which i Dunno what made it sounds so much better but its really Nice now. Need to.update my mfc tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by nateb View Post
                      I just had a chance to sit down with it and tried out Tylers Tin Pan Alley patch. Holy shit it sounds good.

http://tylergrund.com/mp3/axefx_tinpan_4.10.13.mp3
                      sounds great. Nicely played too
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

Indeed. Sounds great.

Comment

Glad to see it's not "just in my head". The game has been upped yest again!

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                            I'm sure it's great, but I've read the same comments almost verbatim with every firmware update since probably 2008 when I started following Fractal products.
                            You got that righ! I'm still with Ultra and everytime I plug in, it sounds so damn good, why the heck do I want to upgrade?

Hearing is also a sense. Just like your nose gets used to a cologne you bought last week, your eyes no longer pop out when you see your car, your ears get used to the sound that's comin out of your speakers. Any change will always sound better. The same reason why people go through 100's of pedals convinced the new one sounds better than anything they've had before.
                            Sam

Comment

I hear what you're saying. I agree to some degree. But...this is not just hype. Normally I get kind of annoyed by the Fractal-ciples, but they are rightfully excited about this update.

Comment

Working...
                              X