AxeFx - FW 10.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
    Considering those videos are from a firmware long ago, things have gotten a lot better since then.

-Nate
    Insert annoying equipment list here....

Comment

Cliff has the beta version of firmware 11.0 up for download at the fractal audio website.

Comment

Get ready for the comments on how this firmware BLOWS away all previous firmware, how everything sounds so much more REAL and alive, how Cliff is god, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
          Get ready for the comments on how this firmware BLOWS away all previous firmware, how everything sounds so much more REAL and alive, how Cliff is god, etc.
          In a way, I guess its good for the wallet. If not for these firmware tweaks, people will be going on splurging money on pedal, cables, pickups, guitars and what not. With one small FREE patch, people can notice the change (to their ears) that it keeps them happy.
          Sam

Comment

Get ready for the guys who have never owned one or heard one in person to start running their mouths as if they actually know anything. Then get ready for them to retaliate to my comment by saying they have indeed owned or heard one when they really haven't.

Comment

I don't have an Axe Fx II but you have to admit the support Cliff gives his products after the sale is pretty much unmatched! He updates things with big input from the average guy not just pros and provides the updates for free. I still have my Axe Fx Ultra and Cliff was like that with the previous generation units as well.
              Rudy
              www.metalinc.net

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksons Rock View Post
                Get ready for the guys who have never owned one or heard one in person to start running their mouths as if they actually know anything. Then get ready for them to retaliate to my comment by saying they have indeed owned or heard one when they really haven't.
                Ha! Both these...

The Axe Evangelists are annoying, but the people who run to chime in who don't have one are even worse.

I will say that the Axe has probably saved me a wheelbarrow of cash though. That said, the updates come so fast that it can be overwhelming.

I have the 11.0 beta, and, as usual, Cliff steps it up YET ANOTHER notch. Just amazing. Just when you think it can't get better, well...it does.

I'm always happy to discuss them with people who have one, but as far as the pissing matches - why bother? The Kemper guys really get their panties in a wad, and for the life of me, I can't figure that out. I had a Kemper too. Cool, but the Axe was a better fit for me. I don't have stuff sitting around to "profile", and now the Axe does that as well, although I've never felt the need to go outside of what's already on board. Back then, I wasn't set up FRFR either. Now that I am, I might like the Kemper a little more than I did, but I don't have the cash sitting around to grab another one.

Comment

For the record, I did own an AxeFx Ultra for a couple years.

Comment

Last edited by Chad; 07-29-2013, 09:03 AM.

Comment

For the record, I did own an AxeFx Ultra for a couple years.
                      But that's not the NEW GREATEST THING EVARRRR!!!

Time for a rig pic...

Last edited by chrisolson; 07-29-2013, 09:36 AM.

Comment

Cool rig!

To clarify, I think the updates that Cliff does are really cool. And although I no longer own an AxeFx, I think it's a great piece of gear.

My main problem is the level of fanboyism with Fractal products. It just gets ridiculous. Every single firmware update gets totally blown out of proportion. Not EVERY update can be the best thing ever. It was interesting to see the same people who thought a specific firmware update was the best thing since sliced bread....later down the road talk about its weaknesses. It just seemed like a bunch of shooting from the hip praise, bandwagon jumping, and Cliff worship. i.e. nonsense. I truly think Cliff could release a firmware with no changes or release a previous firmware, but CALL it a new firmware and people would be going overboard like always saying how great & improved it is.

In hindsight, the best thing for me to have done with AxeFx firmware updates would have been to review notes, download, install, and maybe ask a few questions on the forum if necessary. But other than that, stay away from the forum for the most part. That place is just creepy at times. Cliff is a very intelligent person. God he ain't. The AxeFx is a great piece of gear. The greatest piece of gear ever created it ain't.

Comment

Cool rig!

To clarify, I think the updates that Cliff does are really cool. And although I no longer own an AxeFx, I think it's a great piece of gear.

My main problem is the level of fanboyism with Fractal products. It just gets ridiculous. Every single firmware update gets totally blown out of proportion. Not EVERY update can be the best thing ever. It was interesting to see the same people who thought a specific firmware update was the best thing since sliced bread....later down the road talk about its weaknesses. It just seemed like a bunch of shooting from the hip praise, bandwagon jumping, and Cliff worship. i.e. nonsense. I truly think Cliff could release a firmware with no changes or release a previous firmware, but CALL it a new firmware and people would be going overboard like always saying how great & improved it is.

In hindsight, the best thing for me to have done with AxeFx firmware updates would have been to review notes, download, install, and maybe ask a few questions on the forum if necessary. But other than that, stay away from the forum for the most part. That place is just creepy at times. Cliff is a very intelligent person. God he ain't. The AxeFx is a great piece of gear. The greatest piece of gear ever created it ain't.
                          Well said bro. I finally heard a few of them live. Not impressed. Sounds like a modeling amp to me. My Single Rectifier half stack or my 5150-II half stack shits all over it. That's what I didn't like about modeling amps live. Just when you thought you had it dialed in and had great sound an update would come around and you were back to square one with everybody telling you the previous version sucked compared to the new update. Its software madness in a world where more guitar players should be practicing their instruments rather than software programming. There are a lot of really crappy players out there who seem to know everything about tone and nothing about playing.

Comment

Why did I KNOW you'd have commentary, John?

I agree with the fanboi-ism though, Chad. That said, like all things in BB world, you don't have to click it. Let them mutually masturbate each other. It's what the interwebzz is for anyway, right?

That said, Cliff would never have to put out another update as far as I'm concerned, as I'm satisfied. It's great as-is, but hey...for free? You can damn well bet I'll take whatever they're giving. It keeps getting better, and the is the simple truth. I like the fact that the support knows NO boundaries.

That said, I'm still searching for what the big difference is in 11.0? I just don't know that I hear a HUGE difference, but the changes could have been in areas I don't really "play" in.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                              Why did I KNOW you'd have commentary, John?

I agree with the fanboi-ism though, Chad. That said, like all things in BB world, you don't have to click it. Let them mutually masturbate each other. It's what the interwebzz is for anyway, right?

That said, Cliff would never have to put out another update as far as I'm concerned, as I'm satisfied. It's great as-is, but hey...for free? You can damn well bet I'll take whatever they're giving. It keeps getting better, and the is the simple truth. I like the fact that the support knows NO boundaries.

That said, I'm still searching for what the big difference is in 11.0? I just don't know that I hear a HUGE difference, but the changes could have been in areas I don't really "play" in.
                              The reason for all the updates is simple.... its marketing. Its an easy way to keep a product relevant and fresh. My guess is 90% of the Fractal system isn't used by 95% of the people that own them. Still.... I would love to get one for the studio and if it was practical to use one live I would probably have it and blend it with a real amp.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
                                The reason for all the updates is simple.... its marketing. Its an easy way to keep a product relevant and fresh. My guess is 90% of the Fractal system isn't used by 95% of the people that own them. Still.... I would love to get one for the studio and if it was practical to use one live I would probably have it and blend it with a real amp.
                                Maybe. If so, it's brilliant.

I'd also agree - about 90% of what's there I haven't touched. And that's okay. You only have to drill down as far as you want. I try to keep it simple. I don't play with too much - cuz if I did, I wouldn't play at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X