AxeFx - FW 10.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chad View Post
    You mean the Avid way? That method is about as popular as a turd in a punchbowl. Well, they charge on a "per" basis (as far as I know) instead of a subscription basis, but....not very popular.
    it's not an uncommon approach with software. Often you may receive minor updates for free, but you pay for majors. Or you have 12 months of unlimited upgrades, or 4 free in a year and pay for your 5th (s/w provider of my car GPS has taken that approach) . When was the last time you (legally) upgraded from one major iteration of Windows to another? You may have received a thousand security, performance & features updates to your operating system. But when it was time to step up from Windows ME to Windows XP, you had to pay for it.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

I also think that many of todays players are more concerned about how they sound instead of how they play. That's why updates on gear like this are so popular. The level of musicianship for guitar players goes down every year. Especially in the local club scene.

Comment

Originally posted by jgcable View Post
        I also think that many of todays players are more concerned about how they sound instead of how they play. That's why updates on gear like this are so popular. The level of musicianship for guitar players goes down every year. Especially in the local club scene.
        I'm that guy - but it's really cuz I suck.

Comment

I'm only concerned with how I look.
          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I'm more concerned with feel. It's why I always wear velour turned inside out. So soft!
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
              I'm more concerned with feel. It's why I always wear velour turned inside out. So soft!
              Now that there is funny. I don't care who you are.
              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

yep... that's funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad View Post
                  Not EVERY update can be the best thing ever.
                  Oh I don't know. Some product will always be best in class and when such a product is improved, even by a minor increment, it's still going to be best in class and therefore probably the best thing ever of that sort.

I'm a latecomer to the AFX having picked up a II at around firmware 6.x. But in the time I've had it I must say that Cliff, marketing / hype / ulterior motives aside, has done a nice job in improving the sound & functionality of the product. Though I always thought it was a solid product I didn't think the AFX II lived up to its hype when I first began using the unit but it has since moved much closer to doing so.
                  Last edited by YetAnotherOne; 08-09-2013, 01:37 PM.
                  Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

^I don't hang out on the Fractal forums anymore, but even Jay Mitchell used to say that he could get similar, good sounds with each firmware update. In other words, it's more about being able to dial in good sound. Some of the updates probably truly are "better", but a lot of them are just "different". Therefore I still say: not EVERY update can be the best thing ever.

Comment

This is no different than real amps. Just as you think you have the baddest sounding amp someone releases a "new" amp thats the greatest rocking amp ever. In reality, the new amps sound great but so does a 35 year old Marshall.
                      Rudy
                      www.metalinc.net

Comment

AxeFx = iPhone of guitar world.

Comment

Working...
                        X