How to tell if a VETTA has been updated to a Vetta II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to tell if a VETTA has been updated to a Vetta II

anyone know? I snagged one of these in trade for a handful of pedals. Itll add to the bedroom tone so no line 6 hating needed. Any way to tell if its been updated?
    Haters gonna hate
    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

If it sounds better, than the vetta, then its the vetta II.
    Sam

Comment

Vetta II has more amp models. I forget which ones are new, but I think the 5150(Mississippi criminal), is part of the V II update. No hate here, the Vetta should be brought back.

Comment

Okay I think it is updated unfortunately the PO must have liked CRAP sound lol Time to get to work on this thing. Also have a few other amps enroute. DT50 and a few others
        Haters gonna hate

Comment

If you're getting a DT50, you sure as hell don't need a Vetta.

Comment

Yea, you don't need the Vetta. So, send it to me, I'll you $14 dollars for it. You know it's is a solid state piece of crap.

Comment

LOL I got a smokin deal on the vetta and a smokin deal on the DT so i bought both. I think both will have their place.
              Haters gonna hate

Comment

Very cool, I haven't played a DT. I'm guessing that they're an improvement over Vetta's. What do you think of them?

Comment

Mine was killer, especially after the firmware upgrade. Basically gives you all the preamps of the POD HD series.

Comment

Chris you ran yours on the m13 instead of the pod right? Any suggestions I have an m13 already so I want to dial in some good stuff. I like the Vetta as well. I got the vetta combo with longboard AND the dt50 Head shipped for 900 with everything.
                    Haters gonna hate

Comment

That's a good deal!

I used the 4CM with the M13 and DT. Set up the M13 so that you can use channel 1 as a front end boost on the DT. Opens up many possibilities. If you already use the M13, you'll do fine. Time based in the loop, and an OD/Dist up front.

Also, update the DT to 2.0 if it hasn't been already, and then go to the L6 bulletin board and find that free editor - it ROCKS to put the DT into any configuration you would like. It's almost impossible to do it via MIDI. The editor made hours of guesswork turn into minutes of fun!

Comment

I had an HD500 for a bit. I thought it was a great floorboard, and the amp models were very cool thru a Mesa. Ended up getting rid of it, but wondered how well it it would work with the DT's. I should look at them again.

Comment

The HD500 is redundant, as the DT firmware upgrade gives you all the preamps, cabs, etc as the HD500 already has. You only lose the effects.

I tried the DT/HD combination, and didn't care for it. What's the point of having a great "tube" amp, if all you're going to do is use it as an expensive power amp?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
                            The HD500 is redundant, as the DT firmware upgrade gives you all the preamps, cabs, etc as the HD500 already has. You only lose the effects.

I tried the DT/HD combination, and didn't care for it. What's the point of having a great "tube" amp, if all you're going to do is use it as an expensive power amp?
                            That makes sense. I didn't realize that the HD preamps were now part of the DT firmware. I haven't really looked that these guys for a while now. DT, must be a better platform then the Bogner spiders, right?

Comment

Way better!! Just no efx...other than verb.

Comment

Working...
                              X