Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Putting together a pedalboard.. A little bunch of questions:)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Putting together a pedalboard.. A little bunch of questions:)

Hi,

Hope someone can give me some advice. I have sold my rack units, and are going for a pedalboard instead.

What I have got:
    Dunlop Slash Wah, 18V version
    Morpheus Droptune
    T-Rex Replic
    Monster Effects Mastortion
    Boss RE-20
    Boss TU-2
    Ernie Ball Volume pedal
    + i am gonna pick up a few more pedal, but just regular 9V's

my powersupply is a Voodoo Labs PP2+.

How would you set this up?

I am thinking the morpheus in the additional power outlet.
    The mastortion i am unsure of the powerspecs on, I cant for my life
    get an answer from ME..

Any help would be highly appreciated

The PP2+ has an AC pass through, so with my pedal board I plug in a small power bar to power the 2 adapters I need to cover pedals with higher voltage/current needs. (MXR EQ and Eventide Pitchfactor)

I believe the Boss tuner may have a daisy chain power out as well that you can use to chain off power to another pedal. I'd only use it for one lower power pedal though.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Some general advice on Pedal boards. Try to locate that power supply away from the Wah pedal or you'll get noise. Also use good cable/connectors not the cheap stuff. Again, it minimizes noise. The other piece if advice is you may want to consider using some kind of pedal switcher to avoid doing the tap dance to turn on/off multiple effects at once. I've used the GigRig switchers which are top notch stuff but expensive. For a cheaper alternative there is the Carl Martin Octaswitch. For only a couple pedals there is no need for a switcher but with multi-pedal setups these switchers allow not only multiple pedal switching but also bypassing them when not in use so your signal doesn't get loaded down and go to crap.
      Rudy
      www.metalinc.net

Comment

I recommend 2 1Spots and the Pedalsnake.
        Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I am a rack guy but have been buying and messing around with pedals in the last year. I mostly use them at practice. One thing I cannot figure out is how to get delay spill over when I turn the pedal off.

I think the Ravish Sitar pedal sounds cool. I would like to get one but $$$ for a one-trick pony and really only good for one or two songs a night.

One Spot works great for me.

Comment

catz, the pedal needs to have that feature if you want spill over. TC Electronics Flashback has it. You have to open up the back and turn off true bypass though
            Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
            X