Crate GX130C Head?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate GX130C Head?

Hey Dudes hows it going? I am sure some of you are familiar with the old Crate GX130C Head that Bands like CCorpse Etc used back in the day. Crate also made a Combo GX130C.....Does anyone know if there's a difference @ all in the Chassis Etc with either of these? I hear the Distortion was not to bad with this Head? Also comes with Reverb/Chorus. Anyone still have one or use one? Curious how good it is Etc..Trying to fimd out if there is any difference @ all between the two or is it the same Chassis/Internals Etc? Thanks! \m/

*GX130C HEAD*

*COMBO GX130C*
    Last edited by axe dude; 06-18-2013, 12:00 PM.
    *Kramer Focus 4000 "V" 85' with OFR \m/
    *Kramer Focus 1000 85' with OFR \m/
    *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/
    Randall RG100ES (88') Gray Carpet "THE METAL MONSTER" \m/
    *Ampeg VH140C HEAD....O.M.G. METAL HEAVEN! \m/
    *ADA MP-1 (3.666 RECTO/SOLDANO) MOD* \m/
    *Digitech RP-1 "THE ORIGINAL" \m/
    *Morley Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah \m/

​*LONG LIVE THE M-E-T-A-L!" \m/

Don't know much about these so I'm no help.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

No problem Buddy...Thanks anyway! Hope all is well! \m/
      *Randall RG100ES Full Stack (85') Black Tolex with Matching R412JB & R412JT Jaguar Loaded Cabs "THE "DIME" METAL MONSTER" \m/

Comment

If it's the tube preamp hybrid then it's OK.

Comment

Used to sell these ages ago in our store.
          All solid state unit. Clean channel is awesome and so is the built in Chorus.
          The distortion is very sterile.

The G-130C internals in the head are the same as the combo.
          If you look at them side by side, you will notice the controls are mirrored.
          SLM simply flipped the head chassis over to fit it into the combo unit.
          -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
            Used to sell these ages ago in our store.
            All solid state unit. Clean channel is awesome and so is the built in Chorus.
            The distortion is very sterile.

The G-130C internals in the head are the same as the combo.
            If you look at them side by side, you will notice the controls are mirrored.
            SLM simply flipped the head chassis over to fit it into the combo unit.
            LOL! That's what I figured..Just wanted to make sure that both were Exactly the same. I found one @ a ridiculous price & was thinking of trying it out?? I like the old Solid State Heads..Thanks for the info! \m/

Comment

Originally posted by axe dude View Post
              LOL! That's what I figured..Just wanted to make sure that both were Exactly the same. I found one @ a ridiculous price & was thinking of trying it out?? I like the old Solid State Heads..Thanks for the info! \m/
              I had a G120C combo loaded with Celestion G12Ms for nearly 20 years before it finally died.
              LOVED the clean channel and the fact that it has two discrete power amps in it for true stereo was a plus when using the Line-In/Line-Out with stereo effects units.
              -Rick

Comment

I had a G120C combo loaded with Celestion G12Ms for nearly 20 years before it finally died.
                LOVED the clean channel and the fact that it has two discrete power amps in it for true stereo was a plus when using the Line-In/Line-Out with stereo effects units.
                Yeah I have seen a couple of Videos & the Clean Channel with the Chorus on (& a little Reverb) sounds really good! I guess some of the Death/Metal Bands used them for a reason back in the day! The Distortion must not be Half Bad I guess?? Is there anything special about hooking this to my Randall 2x12 Cab which is switchable between 4 & 16 Ohms? Since my Cab is not Stereo is it cool to run it @ 16 like I do with my RG80ES Head that it came with? I know it has 2 power amps & i am sure it must sound Killer in Stereo! Thanks! \m/

Last edited by axe dude; 06-18-2013, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Run the cab @ 4 ohms.
                  The head is rated at 95 watts per side @ 4ohms and 65 watts per side @ 8 ohms.

The G130C is just like the G120C. It has two separate amps. One for left and the other for right.
                  If you had two of those Randall cabs, you would set each at 16 ohms.
                  Remember OHMS law and some basic math and you will not fry your head.
                  -Rick

Comment

Run the cab @ 4 ohms.
                    The head is rated at 95 watts per side @ 4ohms and 65 watts per side @ 8 ohms.

The G130C is just like the G120C. It has two separate amps. One for left and the other for right.
                    If you had two of those Randall cabs, you would set each at 16 ohms.
                    Remember OHMS law and some basic math and you will not fry your head.
                    Thanks for the info Dude!
                    Last edited by axe dude; 06-19-2013, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X