No announcement yet.

Yamaha THR 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just picked one of these up and I'm thinking about using the phones jack as a line out into some powered monitors. Any of you guys done this or something similar?

Comment

Originally posted by mrsung View Post
      just picked one of these up and I'm thinking about using the phones jack as a line out into some powered monitors. Any of you guys done this or something similar?
      Yah, I did. It works. It didn't sound too good through a friend's monitor I borrowed, but I didn't mess with it too much. Then again, it was one of those small Roland keyboard monitors... Strangely, it DID sound pretty good putting it in the effect out of my effects loop! Give that a shot!
      Last edited by alphadog808; 08-02-2013, 12:22 PM.

Comment

I installed the cubase and like all the other software just too damn complicated.
        I'll probably off load mine.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Those THR amps are tempting. I tried one quickly and it sounded quite good. A bit too pricey I think compared to a Roland mini cube or Fender Mustang I.

Originally posted by straycat View Post
          I installed the cubase and like all the other software just too damn complicated.
          I'll probably off load mine.
          Have you tried Reaper? http://www.reaper.fm/

Switch to it for recording some years ago and never looked back. Not too expensive too.
          JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
          Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Cubase,pro tools,pro tracks its all the same too complicated.

Comment

I got one of the 10x versions and LOVE it. Awesome distortion, including not one but two of the EVH brown sound settings. Went through every bedroom modeler in the book until I found this one. Exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                Have you tried Reaper? http://www.reaper.fm/

Switch to it for recording some years ago and never looked back. Not too expensive too.
                Reaper is great. Select your audio ins/outs, arm your track, GO. Doesn't get much simpler.
                Hail yesterday

Comment

I'll try anything at this point.LOL

Comment

I tried one of these a week ago, and maybe I got a lemon. It was terrible. Maybe I just need to try the "metal" version. The effects were pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by jbird5150 View Post
                      I got one of the 10x versions and LOVE it. Awesome distortion, including not one but two of the EVH brown sound settings. Went through every bedroom modeler in the book until I found this one. Exactly what I was looking for.
                      I want a 10X myself, about those two VH brown settings? do they have a realistic tone and good cut?
                      Most modelers i have tried have a muffled tone about them.

Comment

Originally posted by CHARVEL_strat_81 View Post
                        I want a 10X myself, about those two VH brown settings? do they have a realistic tone and good cut?
                        Most modelers i have tried have a muffled tone about them.
                        I thought they did, but I'm not a big tone tweaker like a lot of guys are. I just like to plug in and rock. If anything, I would say one of the brown sounds is a bit more muffled than the other, but again that's subjective. I haven't done anything to the bass, treble or mids to speak of. Just played with the gain a little.

Be well worth it to take your favorite Charvel into a GC and give it a run through. My local shop had one on display.

Comment

I got one id do for 300 shipped if ya want.
                          Haters gonna hate
                          Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by coloradoman25 View Post
                            I got one id do for 300 shipped if ya want.
                            Wowww...killer deal there, dude...

I think I'd do new for a buck less and get the warranty.

Comment

Dang that beats my sale price of $450.
                              GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Working...
                              X