Let's talk voice box setups.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's talk voice box setups.....

So, I've been using electrical tape to tape my voice box tube to an SM57 on a dual mic clip. I use the other side for a Beta58 that I use for vocals. I'm getting sick of taping this thing together every gig. I'm thinking of using a piece of PVC that I have that the tube fits in nice and snug. Maybe tie wrap it stand? or mic clip? What do you other voice box users do? BTW, I'm using a Rocktron Banshee which sounds amazing.
    "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Some sort of figure-8 clamp as used with electrical conduit? One half would clip to the mic and the other to the tube? Dunno if you could get it tight enough on the tube, though.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I'm wondering if the figure 8 clamp for the end of drip system tubing would work for what Newc described. Like this - http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/DI...d-p/16-021.htm
      Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Was born with mine. I like the sound of it so i use it a lot. I figure ill hold onto it until cancer takes it. #troll
        HTTP 404 - Signature Not Found

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
          I'm wondering if the figure 8 clamp for the end of drip system tubing would work for what Newc described. Like this - http://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/DI...d-p/16-021.htm
          That looks like it would work. I'm having second thoughts now. I just may go to a single mic setup and use it with my vocal mic. I'm just worried about level issues. We'll see how it goes.

Comment

Zip ties?
            It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
            ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
              Zip ties?
              Zip ties would work, but I don't want the tube there all the time as it's also a vocal mic. Ive seen rubber bands used. it would be nice if I could secure the piece of PVC I have to the mic clip. The tube fits right inside.

Comment

A few wraps of velcro works.

Comment

I use a Rocktron Banshee 2. I use 2 pieces of velcro strips. One to hold it up to the mic and another further down the tube to get it to bend where I want. I only use one mic for it though.
                  H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

For convenience, I'm going with one mic as well. Velcro......Hmmm.......

Comment

Working...
                    X