Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i had heard this was gunna happen. rip krank amps...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was not impressed with the few I ever heard. I didn't look at the dimebag thing as being "exciting" either because I don't really think that he had a "tone" - more like a harsh sound. here in the tampa area (dean HQ) there were a lot of guys that were playing kranks all of a sudden. then almost as quick (maybe a 6 month time period) all those guys were using their rectos or 5150s again....
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

i play in a new york hardcore band. the krankenstein is perfect for me. i do enjoy very high end gear and i have alot but the rip your head off sound i can get from that krank works for me. i just hope the prices drop soon so i can get a backup..... mine was used to record the sworn enemy "the begining of the end" record. sounds pretty good on wax.

Comment

SWORN ENEMY ,THE BEGINNING OF THE END 2006NYC ,ABACUS RECORDINGS1. Forgotten2. Scared of the Unknown3. The Beginning of the End4. Save Your Breath5. Absorb t...

Comment

glad it works for you. I clicked your link, and that guitar sound is great for that music. it would never work for mine...
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by pickford1625 View Post
            sigpic
            Action Jackson

Comment

You also have to remember Dime used Randall solid state amps for years. He never used a tube amp that sounded good to him until Krank. He did have a different sound and he played different than most.
              It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by pickford1625 View Post
                Awesome!
                Sam

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
                  You also have to remember Dime used Randall solid state amps for years. He never used a tube amp that sounded good to him until Krank. He did have a different sound and he played different than most.
                  Yeah, it's ironic that a tube amp company's premier endorser was widely known to have previously exclusively used solid state amps. What does that say about the amps? I never played a Krank amp myself, but it gave the impression that the amps must have sounded solid state...and what's the point in that?

Comment

i wish they were solid state, i need to buy new tubes for the one !!! ive owned it for years and never had to change them, the time has come......

Comment

Loomis played Krank in Nevermore at least for as short while. You can see it on the Voyager dvd. For some reason I thought he used Krank on Dead Heart but, apparently, that was a rectifier.

Comment

Working...
                      X