Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• solo question ?

Hi,

Wich effects are needed to get a sound close to this solo (1:51) : http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...hBWQYfuw#t=111

thanks

Sounds pretty straight forward to me...you shouldn't need anything more than a moderately dirty amp (or clean amp with an OD pedal), bridge pickup (sounds like a Tele but you could get close with just about anything), and some reverb.

Comment

I thought I heard some flange on there, but that could just be youtube recompressing the audio.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I think you are right, Hellbat. Flange kicks in around 2.06
        Hail yesterday

Comment

A good quality tube amp with maybe a slight delay and chorus or flange at the outro of the solo.
          "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
          I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
            A good quality tube amp with maybe a slight delay and chorus or flange at the outro of the solo.
            I see the Rocktron Prophesy II video, and it sound similiar...
            Rocktron Endorser, Gary Hoey, talks us through the ins and outs of the Rocktron Prophesy II.Rocktron proudly introduces the Prophesy II, which contains prese...

does it need a preamp like the Rocktron Prophesy II ? or just guitar effects pedals to get a good sound.

Comment

Mostly, it needs a good player

Stuff like that can be had on a Zoom 505, an Orange Tiny Teror with 2 boss pedals....or a Soldano X88 with Lexicon PCM81 and eventide H3000
              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Not sure on the flange could be a chorus pedal causing that slight pitch shift.I could be totally wrong too.
                I would think its a Tele on the bridge pick up with a slightly dirty amp.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Just about any electric guitar and any amp that has overdrive or a gain channel. Thats just basic overdrive/distortion.

Comment

Thanks to all for your answers and advices.

Comment

Working...
                    X